The Jura Impressa C9 One Touch Automatic Coffee Center is the most compact one touch machine around. With a bright, user-friendly interface and a host of programmable options, the C9 is the next best thing to having your favorite barista in your kitchen. Set your preferences for temperature, volume and strength for each drink, anywhere from one to 16 ounces. The Jura C9's Automatic Cappuccino System frees your hands while sending the hot milk directly into your cup. As for this impressive automatic's other professional features, you'll adore the Clearyl water filtration system and commercial grade conical burr grinder.
How the Jura C9 One Touch Works
- Fill the water tank to the maximum mark and prime machine per user manual
- Fill the bean hopper with beans
- Place a cup below the spouts
- Push button for desired drink
- Steam milk by turning the steam knob to steam
- Or, combine both brewing and steaming functions into one step using the One Touch feature
Features & Functionality of the Jura C9 One Touch
- One-Touch Cappuccino and Latte Macchiato Buttons: With the One-Touch Cappuccino button, your coffee is ground, the chilled milk is siphoned, heated and frothed into your cup. The coffee is then brewed without ever moving your cup.
- A La Carte Button: With the a la carte button and the rotary dial you can override the coffee strength and cup size just before brewing. The new rotary dial technology also allows you to adjust the strength of the coffee on all beverage buttons while it is grinding as well as adjust the cup size during the brewing cycle.
- Bright LED Display: Indicates key machine functions, including rinsing and cleaning.
- Insulated Stainless Steel Milk Container: Keeps 14 ounces of milk cold for up to eight hours.
- FrothXpress Plus System: Automated milk frothing system.
- Energy Saving Mode: When the energy saving mode is on, there is zero energy draw.
- Programming: Auto on/off, coffee strength, water and steam portions, brewing temperature, water volume. Three coffee strength levels and two temperature levels to choose from.
- Commercial Solid Steel Conical Burr Grinder: Professional quality, sound insulated, with six fineness settings.
- Bypass Doser: Pre-ground coffee funnel for flavored/coated pre-ground coffee.
- Clearyl Water Care System: Makes decalcifying virtually obsolete.
- Adjustable cup height: The coffee spout adjusts in height from 2.6 inches to 6 inches.
- Rotary Dial: Programming, maintenance and information accessed via the rotary dial on face of machine.
- Diverse Settings: The Impressa C9 can be set to seven different languages, displays cup size and time in European and American formats, keeps track of all activities and can be set to turn on and off automatically.
Included Accessories with the Jura C9 One Touch
- Measuring Scoop
- Illustrated instruction booklet and quick reference guide
- Instructional DVD
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Ease of Use||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||
The Jura C9 One Touch has more programmability than the C5, plus features auto frothing. However it does not have a steam wand.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||45.0000|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Reservoir Size||64 oz|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1 min|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||5 min|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|One-Touch||Yes - One-Touch Functionality Only|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||7 oz|
Ask a Question
They are around the same price point, and wondering ...
Which one is quieter throat the complete process?
Which one has less maintenance issues, or is more durable?
Which makes a better cup for each setting?
Which has a wider range of coffees that can be used without clogging the system up?
Warranty Information for the Jura C9 One Touch
|What it Covers:||
Jura and Capresso espresso machines, coffee makers, tea makers, grinders and milk frothers
- 1 Year (Refurbished Jura-branded equipment, all Capresso-branded equipment)
- 2 Years (New Jura-branded superautomatic espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Jura|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-767-3554|
|Notes:||Capresso-branded equipment is often replaced rather than repaired during the warranty period, whereas Jura-branded superautomatics have a repair process managed directly by the company (located on the East Coast of the US).|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Caring for the Jura C9 One Touch
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Jura Descaling Tablets
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days
Videos Featuring the Jura C9 One Touch
- Terrific machineReview by Pamela
Value Quality Price
There is one small difference from the other Jura that I don't like. The shiny metal tray that the cups sit on is an awful idea. The other Jura had a brushed metal tray that with one simple wipe with a dishcloth or paper towel always looked clean. The shiny tray is impossible to keep looking clean as it shows every little smudge, smear and drop of anything. Even after washing with hot soapy water it will somehow smudge when drying! Must have been designed by someone who is into looks and not practicality. This is an unnecessary aggravation that could have easily been avoided through a better design decision. I hope designers read these feedback write ups.
Other than that (which is why I gave it a 4 and not a 5 for quality), I love the ease of use and the ability to program it to make espresso and other hot drinks the way we like them. (Posted on 1/27/2014)
- Great with a couple of minor issuesReview by Thomas
Price Value Quality
This is a great machine - there are two things about it that take some getting used to. One is that the dual espresso dispenser jets even when elevated to their top position do not accommodate slightly larger coffee mugs - not a big deal overall, but if you like to have 2 espressos in one cup and lots of milk in addition you have to transfer to another cup.
The other thing that takes some getting used to is, I think, a real design flaw. That is, the plastic lid that flips up to rest oriented vertically above the water basin is very flimsy. The water basin has to be lifted relatively carefully with two hands gently upward and outward to refill it - too much force at all and the thing will lift upward and out forcefully - and that may either break the lid or parts of the water basin itself. Again, not a big deal, but this thing is almost $1700!
Anyhow, I love the coffee and espresso etc. Once you get used to the necessary vigilance and assiduous cleaning needed for the rubber hose and milk frother connection that also is a real plus.
I appear to be the one who did not give 5 stars on quality - but again, for the extremely high price it is strange that a frequently used part it poorly designed. One other aside is that this is ostensibly a Swiss product - the exterior box features a large image of Swiss tennis star Roger Federer. Ah, but once you open up the interior machine you will note in large letters "Made in Portugal." Just sayin', Portugal isn't Switzerland.
One final comment which I didn't note anywhere on the video productions about this machine and in relatively few comments is the fact that this machine goes through a fair amount of beans. This is my first machine, so perhaps they are all like that, but it seems to use about 30 % more beans overall that the equivalent used by a stove top espresso maker using ground beans.
Shipping and customer service from Seattle Coffee Gear was great, with one exception. For a $1649 purchase they graciously gave me a $10 gift card that arrived with the machine - but when I went to use it 3.5 months after the machine arrived I noticed in small print on the back of it that it expired 3 m from the date they mailed it to me. I found this sort of lame, since the machine comes with 2 cleaning tablets and two filters, and those items are enough to carry a typical user beyond three months of use. I had to throw out the gift card when I reordered my cleaning tablets and supplies.
(Posted on 4/25/2013)
- UnbelievableReview by bluelabel
Quality Price Value
- Amazing machineReview by 65Tree
Quality Value Price
Great Taste, Beautiful, Quick Brewing, Easy To Clean, Easy To Use, Large Water Container
None (Posted on 12/29/2010)
- Our coffee houseReview by cookin nana
Quality Value Price
Easy To Use, Large Water Container, Great Taste, Easy To Clean, Quick Brewing
(Posted on 11/28/2010)
- Worth every pennyReview by Coffee lover
Quality Value Price
The quality of the milk foam is quite good for a super automatic in this price range. No different from frothing in a stainless steel pitcher with my old machine. I was even able to froth egg nog that was thinned a bit with milk.
Easy To Use, Easy To Clean, Great Taste, Quick Brewing
(Posted on 3/23/2010)