Sometimes more is just more, but sometimes more is awesome. Built to brew two drinks at a time, the Jura GIGA 5 is a powerhouse superautomatic perfect for a small office environment or high capacity home user. With 18 programmable drink settings, coffee lovers can customize their beverage temperature, water volume, dosage, and milk foam to deliver the perfect latte or ristretto at the touch of a button.
Features and Functionality of the Jura GIGA 5
- Double Acting: Two pumps, two heating systems and two flow meters enable this machine to prep milk and espresso simultaneously and brew two drinks at once.
- Programmable Beverage Settings: Choose from three water temperature settings, five dosage settings (5 - 16 grams), water volume (.8 - 8.1 oz), milk volume (0-120 seconds), milk foam (0-120 seconds), and hot water (.8 - 15 oz).
- Two Grinders and Hoppers: Two flat ceramic disc grinders operate quickly and quietly. You can select a grinder when brewing which is handy in case two types of beans (say decaf and regular) are offered.
- LCD Color Display: The LCD color display is easily navigated with buttons on each side and the rotary dial on top.
- High Capacity Dump Box: The grounds container holds up to 20 pucks, cutting down on emptying time.
- Energy Saving: Program auto-off functionality within a 15 minute to 15 hour window.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Ease of Use||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||
This machine would be a strong replacement to the Jura XS90 that was recently discontinued.
|Tips and Tricks||
The GIGA 5 takes the Clearyl Blue filter by Jura. Insert it into the water tank, fill the tank and the machine will walk you through an auto rinse cycle. This adds water to the drip tray so make sure you start with an empty drip tray.
To remove the bean hoppers, simply open the service cover located in the back of the machine by pressing above the Jura logo. With access to the back of the machine (and while the machine is off), push the red sliding catch back and then turn the blue locking device outwards. Voila! You should now be able to easily remove the bean hoppers from the Giga 5.
|Model Number||13623 Aluminium|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||39.3000|
|Cup Clearance||2.8 - 6 inches|
|Reservoir Size||87 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||Panarello Only|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|One-Touch||Yes - One-Touch Functionality Only|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||2 hoppers, each 9.8 oz|
Ask a Question
Warranty Information for the Jura GIGA 5
|What it Covers:||
Jura and Capresso espresso machines, coffee makers, tea makers, grinders and milk frothers
- 1 Year (Refurbished Jura-branded equipment, all Capresso-branded equipment)
- 2 Years (New Jura-branded superautomatic espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Jura|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-767-3554|
|Notes:||Capresso-branded equipment is often replaced rather than repaired during the warranty period, whereas Jura-branded superautomatics have a repair process managed directly by the company (located on the East Coast of the US).|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Caring for the Jura GIGA 5
We recommend cleaning out the drip tray and water tank every few days.
User Manuals for your Jura GIGA 5
Articles Featuring the Jura GIGA 5
Videos Featuring the Jura GIGA 5
- ThrilledReview by espressoaddict
Quality Price Value
This machine is amazing and user friendly. The higher cost of this machine will quickly be an afterthought after the break even point of making my own drinks. But the fact I can get up at 5 am and have a cappuccino within a few minutes of coming downstairs is priceless. Just make sure to order fresh roasted beans delivered to your door and you will not step foot in another coffee shop. (Posted on 2/24/2015)
- worth every pennyReview by Chance
Quality Price Value
- We Love It!Review by Wacky Brakke
Value Quality Price