In our book, all coffee is created equally delicious (when made properly!). That’s why we’re not surprised when some find it difficult to choose between espresso, drip coffee, pour over, Moka or a press style when crafting the perfect cup. Luckily, Krups found some middle ground with the Moka Brew coffee maker. Brewing a hybrid between a Moka Pot and drip coffee, the Moka Brewer utilizes steam pressure to thoroughly saturate the coffee grounds for a full robust flavor.
Features & Functionality of the Krups Moka Brewer Coffee Maker
- Raining Coffee!: The Moka Brewer features a shower head like brew head that rains glorious coffee during the brew process.
- Steam Pressure: This coffee maker utilizes steam pressure to guide the water from the bottom reservoir to above the carafe (where the grinds reside) and continues to use steam pressure while brewing.
- Auto Off: Automatically turns off 20 minutes after the brew process begins.
- Permanent Filter: Show your love for planet Earth with this eco-friendly permanent filter. No paper filters needed!
- Cord Storage: Keep your counter tidy with the wraparound cord storage located underneath the base of the brewer.
|Ease of Use||3|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||
The carafe locking mechanism can be a little tricky at first, but simple once you get the hang of it! To unlock the brewer and gain access to the carafe push the safety button while simultaneously lifting the locking lever, all located on the top bar of the brewer.
|Tips and Tricks||
Filling the entire grounds container is recommended for the best overall flavor. Do not tamp like espresso, but loosely fill just below the edge.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||3.9500|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel/Plastic|
|Reservoir Size||1 liter|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||8 minutes 30 seconds|
|Available Carafe Styles||Glass|
Ask a Question
Thanks, Leslie Claesson
Warranty Information for the Krups Moka Brewer Coffee Maker
|What it Covers:||
Krups espresso machines and coffee makers
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Krups USA|
|Warranty Contact Information:||General Contact: 1-800-526-5377 | Krups Elite Contact: 1-866-668-0325|
|Notes:||If a product is proved to be defective, Krups will repair or replace the machine with no charge to the customer.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Caring for the Krups Moka Brewer Coffee Maker
- Clean out water tank with a soft cloth or wet sponge every few days.
- Wipe the casing with a damp rag or sponge.
- Wash the glass carafe, lids and permanent filter with soap and hot water every few days.
- The best but also a little finikyReview by Dave
Quality Price Value
This maker is at its best when used with a full filter basket of grounds. Also, this brewer does not have a warming/heating plate so you need to transfer the brewed coffee to an insulated carafe. This is also a good practice because the brewed coffee comes out *stratified*, with the weaker coffee on top and the stronger coffee at the bottom and pouring into a carafe effectively mixes up those layers.
Finally,I find that the ideal grind is quite fine--coarser than a true espresso grind but not by much. In fact, the grind I use falls into the "espresso" range of settings on my Breville Smart Grinder.
So while the Moka Brewer can consistently produce superior coffee, I'd call it an "intermediate" maker as the user will have to be able to exercise some common sense while dialing it in. (Posted on 1/6/2015)
- Doesn't perform wellReview by Tim
Quality Price Value
- Excellent BrewReview by Jo
Quality Price Value
Ordered the New Model and it brews a full pot of coffee just as tasty as the older model. Highly recommend the Krups Moka Brewer.
By the way- I still have my older model for backup. Who knows...it might still keep brewing for another 15 years.
(Posted on 9/4/2014)
- Its a winnerReview by ob1coffee
Value Quality Price
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $24.00
$19.95As low as: $17.24
Regular Price: $99.99