Attention all you budding baristas! We've got just the machine to get you started. The Krups XP5280 Precise Tamp Programmable Espresso Machine is clad in sleek stainless steel and unlike most semi-automatic espresso machines, the XP5280 makes espresso shots a snap, even for a novice. With an exclusive Krups Precise Tamp system, this espresso machine compresses any type of ground coffee. The difference is, this tamp is hands free and makes consistent shots every time. After extracting your shot, the Krups XP5280 provides a no-mess puck ejector, meaning that at a push of a button, the used espresso grounds come out clean.
Features & Functionality of the Krups XP5280
- Full-Flavor: In order to extract the maximum flavor from the beans, this machine pre-infuses each cup. The pump works for three seconds, pauses for three seconds, and then continues until the cup is finished.
- Programmable: This machine is pre-programmed to use 1.7 oz of water per cup of espresso. It is always possible to stop the coffee flowing by pressing the "1 cup" or "2 cups" button again.
- Pod Compatible: Filter holder can hold both E.S.E or soft pods for a simple and cleaner use of the machine.
- Milk Frother: The XP5280 comes with a standard frothing nozzle and an auto-cappuccino accessory. Steam can be used to froth milk. As it produces steam, the pump will make a thumping sound, like many single-boilers.
|Ease of Use||4|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||3|
|Overall Value for the Money||3|
|How Does it Compare?||
The Krups XP5280 has a unique self-tamping system. Fill the portafilter, smooth excess grounds off the edges and click it into place. The process of inserting the portafilter properly applies tamping pressure.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||14.0000|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||3.0 inches|
|Reservoir Size||37 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||54 seconds|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||30 seconds|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
Ask a Question
Could you pelase advise me on which size milk frothing pitcher I should use with this machine? One for more foam maybe and one for less?
Thanks very much in advance.
This Krups XP5280 doesn't have the power to froth large amounts of milk at a time, and so I would recommend a 12 oz frothing pitcher for small amounts, and nothing larger than say a 20 oz frothing pitcher. Hope this helps!
Also, one of your reviews indicated that the boiler is aluminum and not stainless steel. I was under the impression from Krups literature that it was stainless. Again, who's right.
Warranty Information for the Krups XP5280 Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
Krups espresso machines and coffee makers
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Krups USA|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-526-5377|
|Notes:||If a product is proved to be defective, Krups will repair or replace the machine with no charge to the customer.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Caring for the Krups XP5280 Espresso Machine
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Clean the brew gasket daily with a cleaning brush.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
User Manuals for your Krups XP5280 Espresso Machine
- Enjoyable with a few setbacksReview by AEB
Price Value Quality
- Wish the coffee was hotReview by Janet
Price Value Quality
- Great machine except for steam armReview by ajb
Quality Value Price
The steam arm did a fine job for a while. However, the constant assembling and disassembling tend to weaken the contraption. The plastic clips weakened over time, as did the seal. First, the arm would leak steam from the top of the wand about half way trough steaming. Then the clips stopped holding well, and the wand became crooked and then blew off a couple of times. I did follow all instruction, making sure the wand was not blocked, and seating the clips firmly. Now one of the clips has broken off. I have emailed Krups, since the machine is less than four months old, and hope they will send a new steam arm assembly. If the next one fails, then the design is poor.
Easy To Use, Programmable, Great Taste, Quick Brewing
(Posted on 11/6/2011)
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $15.00
$14.49As low as: $13.49