La Marzocco is in a league of its own when it comes to the functionality, style and available customization of its commercial machines. The GB/5 Commercial Espresso Machine produces high quality and consistent espresso and does it all with an iconic Italian design.
This two group unit is the perfect size for a small to mid-sized cafe with light to moderate traffic.
How the La Marzocco GB/5 Works
Once the GB/5 is properly plumbed and set up, it is really quite easy to quickly pull delicious espresso shots or steam milk for lattes.
Compare the different versions:
- Semi-automatic (EE): This version is what you might commonly find in your average coffee shop, where time and water quantity are all controlled by the barista during extraction. No need to worry about pressure profiles, as these machines will take care of that for you.
- Auto-Volumetric (AV): This version will take a lot of the guess work out of your extraction variables by setting water quantity profiles that will keep everything much more consistent across the board. This sort of machine is considered quite a bit easier to use.
- Mechanical Paddle (MP): This version will allow for pre-infusion to take place before pulling your shots. This sort of feature will go even further to ensure that your coffee extraction is even more consistent.
Features & Functionality of the La Marzocco GB/5
- Double Boiler: Eliminate inconsistency while also speeding things up with this double boiler machine, capable of extracting espresso and steaming milk at the same time with very little temperature variance.
- Personal Preference: Select from a variety of models depending on your personal preference of machine style; automatic (AV), semi-automatic (EE), and mechanical paddle (MP).
- Articulating Steam Wand: The steam wands on the GB/5 can easily be moved into multiple directions on it's pivot base, allowing for your baristas to comfortable steam and froth milk comfortably to their preference.
- High Capacity: The GB/5 is rated to brew between 50 to 100 shots of espresso an hour, making it capable of handling the busiest of coffee shops. It has a pre-heating system that warms water even before it enters the coffee boiler.
- Hot Water Dispenser: Make tea or hot cocoa on the fly with the GB/5's quick dispensing hot water nozzle.
- Installed PID: The GB/5 features a PID for complete temperature control, making it even easier to customize your drinks for those customers with decisive pallets.
- Cup Warmer: The top of the GB/5 functions wonderfully as a cup warmer, drawing heat directly from the boilers to the stainless steel top, priming those latte and shot glasses for less temperature shock.
- Dual Steam Wands: We like to use these for latte art competitions around the office, but they also serve wonderfully in busy settings where multiple drinks need to be made at once.
- Saturated Groups: With brew heads connected directly to the boiler, this feature will ensure thermal stability for every shot produced.
- Direct Water Line: Once you get this machine all plumbed in, never worry about running out of water mid-shot with automatic refilling directly from your water line.
Ask a Question
Warranty Information for the La Marzocco GB/5
|What it Covers:||
La Marzocco commercial espresso machines
1 year parts warranty and 3 months labor warranty
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org|
La Marzocco commercial espresso machines are covered by a limited commercial-class warranty, which includes parts only and assistance with coordinating on-site repair services. Self installation may void your commercial warranty. Please discuss with your commercial sales rep for more information.
Caring for the La Marzocco GB/5
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Clean the brew gasket with a cleaning brush daily
- Soap out the drip tray every few days
- Clean the filter basket each week
- Keep the steam wand clean; make sure to wipe it down after each use
Tech Specs for the La Marzocco GB/5
|Options:||2 Gr||3 Gr||4 Gr|
|Color||Stainless steel||Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Power||220 Volts, 4600Watts||220 Volts, 6100Watts||220 Volts, 8000Watts|
|Amps||30 amp circuit required||50 amp circuit required||50 amp circuit required|
|Size||22 H x 25 D x 30 W||22 H x 25 D x 38 W||22 H x 25 D x 47 W|
|Weight||141 bs||163 lbs||207 lbs|
|Body Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Capacity||3.4 L (Coffee)/ 7 L (Steam)||5 L (Coffee)/ 11 L (Steam)||6.8 L (Coffee)/ 14.5 L (Steam)|
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $19.95