Talk to any professional barista about the name La Marzocco, and they'll almost certainly refer to it as an industry standard. With professional quality coffee production and high-capacity capabilities, the La Marzocco Linea Commercial Espresso Machine will complete any coffee shop, ranging from a small specialty cafe to a large volume coffee house. This model comes in a variety of styles and sizes as well, making it easy to find just the right version for your cafe.
This Linea Semi-Automatic unit is perfect for a small to mid-sized cafe where things can get busy.
Don't be intimidated by the term commercial. The Linea is no harder to operate than most home espresso machines. It just packs a more powerful punch.
Compare the different versions:
- Semi-Automatic (EE): This version is what you might commonly find in your typical coffee shop, where time and water quantity are all controlled by the barista during extraction. No need to worry about pressure profiles, as these machines will take care of that for you at a standard 9 bars.
- Auto-Volumetric (AV): This version will take a lot of the guess work out of your extraction variables by setting water quantity profiles that will keep everything much more consistent across the board. This sort of machine is considered quite a bit easier to use.
Features & Functionality of the La Marzocco Linea Semi-Automatic (EE) Espresso Machine
- Double Boiler: Eliminate inconsistency while also speeding things up with this double boiler machine, capable of extracting espresso and steaming milk at the same time with very little temperature variance.
- Personal Preference: Select from a variety of models depending on your personal preference of machine style; automatic (AV) or semi-automatic (EE)
- Articulating Steam Wand: The steam wands on the Linea can easily be moved into multiple directions on its pivot base, allowing baristas to steam and froth milk to their preference.
- Hot Water Dispenser: Make tea or hot cocoa on the fly with the Linea's quick dispensing hot water nozzle.
- Water Level Indicator: The Linea features a glass window water level indicator, making it easy to monitor water levels in the machine's boiler.
- Cup Warmer: The top of this machine functions wonderfully as a cup warmer, drawing heat directly from the boilers to the stainless steel top, thus priming those latte and shot glasses for perfect warmth.
- Dual Steam Wands:We like to use these for latte art competitions around the office, but they also serve wonderfully in busy settings where multiple drinks need to be made at once.
- Saturated Groups: With brew heads connected directly to the boiler, this feature will ensure thermal stability for every shot produced.
- Direct Water Line: Once you get this machine all plumbed in, never worry about running out of water mid-shot with automatic refilling directly from your water line.
Ask a Question
The AV version has buttons that can be programmed for how much volume you'd like the machine to push through the grounds. This allows you to push the button, then walk away, do other things, etc. as the machine brews. There are 4 buttons that you can program, which are typically set for 1 oz., 2 oz., 1.5 oz., and 3 oz., although you can customize these for whatever volumes you prefer. This is most commonly used in a barista type of situation, where a higher flow or volume of customers will necessitate multitasking such as steaming, adding syrups, etc., and the shot cannot be watched.
Warranty Information for the La Marzocco Linea Semi-Automatic (EE) Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
La Marzocco commercial espresso machines
1 year parts warranty and 3 months labor warranty
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email at email@example.com|
La Marzocco commercial espresso machines are covered by a limited commercial-class warranty, which includes parts only and assistance with coordinating on-site repair services. Self installation may void your commercial warranty. Please discuss with your commercial sales rep for more information.
Caring for the La Marzocco Linea Semi-Automatic (EE) Espresso Machine
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Clean the brew gasket with a cleaning brush daily
- Soap out the drip tray every few days
- Clean the filter basket each week
- Keep the steam wand clean; make sure to wipe it down after each use
Tech Specs for the La Marzocco Linea Semi-Automatic (EE) Espresso Machine
|Options||1 GR||2 GR||3 GR||4 GR|
|Color||Stainless steel||Stainless steel||Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Power||220 volts 2500 watts||220 volts 4600 watts||220 volts, 6100 watts||220 volts, 8000 watts|
|Amps||20 amp circuit required||30 amp circuit required||50 amp circuit required||50 amp circuit required|
|Size||21 H x 22 D x 20 W||21 H x 22 D x 28 W||21 H x 22 D x 37 W||21 H x 22 D x 46 W|
|Weight||97 lbs||128 bs||163 lbs||203 lbs|
|Body Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Capacity||1.8 L (coffee); 3.5 L (steam)||3.4 L (coffee); 7 L (steam)||5 L (coffee); 11 L (steam)||6.8 L (coffee); 14.5 L (steam)|