La Pavoni Europiccola Manual Espresso Machine is a museum quality object d'art that belies what it really is, a countertop workhorse that can produce up to 8 life changing espresso shots in a row. It's a classically cool espresso machine with time-tested features and a retro press design that gives you the ultimate control over every aspect of your shot. Finicky like an opera diva and with almost more chrome than a Vespa scooter, bring a beautiful little taste of Italy to your corner of the world.
Features & Functionality of the La Pavoni Europiccola
- 20 ounce Boiler: With the 20 ounce boiler capacity, this espresso machine can make 8 two ounce shots of espresso.
- Steam and Piston: Shot extraction and milk steaming are powered by steam pressure and pistons.
- Internal Thermostat: La Pavoni's internal thermostat will continuously monitor the pressure to ensure proper extraction.
- Stainless Steel Heating Elements: Stainless steel elements are very durable and last a long time.
- Nickel-Plated Brass Boiler: This sold brass boiler plated with nickel maintains an even temperature, which is essential to a quality extraction.
|Ease of Use||3|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||
The La Pavoni Europiccola makes excellent shots and Americanos.
|Tips and Tricks||
We recommend keeping a cool cloth around the boiler to help balance the temperature.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||14.0000|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||2.5 inches|
|Boiler Volume||27 oz|
|Reservoir Size||27 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||5 minutes|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||10 minutes|
|Boiler Design||Heat Exchanger|
|Pod Friendly||Yes - without adaptation|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
Ask a Question
To my knowledge, there aren't any portafilters that you could use with this machine for pods, as it would need to be pressurized, and they don't make them this size (I don't think), but you also don't have a pump involved to produce a specific amount of constant pressure, just your arms pulling the lever down, which will be inconsistent naturally. Also, just of note, these machines are VERY finicky on the grind setting, so using a lower end grinder will not produce very good results, nowhere near what you can accomplish using a nice, high end burr grinder that will provide you with a consistent grind and enough settings to choose from so that you can pull your shots with the right timing. Sorry that I don't have better news for you!
Warranty Information for La Pavoni Europiccola
|What it Covers:||
La Pavoni espresso machines
|Who Supports the Warranty:||European Gift|
|Warranty Contact Information:||914-664-3448|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for La Pavoni Europiccola
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Wash all removable components with soap and water on a regular basis (many are not dishwasher safe).
- Clean steam wand with damp cloth immediately after use.
- Clean brew head with group head brush.
User Manual for La Pavoni Europiccola
Videos Featuring La Pavoni Espresso Machines
- This machine is only for the purest coffee snobReview by Tequila Monster
Price Quality Value