Grind greatness is yours with the Macap M42D Espresso Grinder. Built for the demands of a commercial coffeeshop, the M42D offers ultra-precise stepless dosing, programmable grind times, and digital controls that let you adjust dosing style and monitor usage. 58mm hardened steel burrs and a redesigned chute from the original M4 means cleaner dosing and less mess than before. Best of all, the M42D brings a sturdy, long-lasting build that will keep up with your espresso needs for years of service.
Beginner: Stepped grind adjustments and simple controls help anyone get grinding.
Intermediate: Grinders offering accurate grind controls and programmable dosing for daily coffee drinkers.
Expert: Stepless grind adjustments and pro-barista features make these the top of the line in coffee grinding.Intermediate
Manual: Manually grind your just-right dose.
Timed: Set a grind time for automatic dosing.
Programmable: Program multiple grind times for extra drink options.
By Weight: A built-in scale weighs coffee as it grinds for a perfect dose.Timed
Espresso: Designed for precision grinds at fine settings just for espresso.
Coffee: Consistent at coarser grind settings for slow brew coffee methods (no unpressurized espresso baskets).
Espresso and Coffee: Capable of consistent grinding in both espresso and slow brew ranges.Espresso
Stepped: Notched, labeled settings for easy adjustability and repeatability.
Stepless: Precision stepless adjustment allows for micro-changes to grind size.Stepless
- 58mm Flat Burrs: These hardened steel burrs offer a balance between speed and efficiency of grinding.
- Stepless Grind Adjust: A stepless style burr adjustment allows nearly infinite fine grind settings for perfect espresso.
- Adjustment Knob: A collar style grind setting ring with the addition of a very fine worm dial makes very small, accurate changes easier than in other designs.
- Programmable Dosing: Multiple dosing times can be programmed digitally, as can dosing style; tap to grind, or press-and-hold.
- Digital Dial: Grinder interface is managed with a tactile jogwheel, instead of a small touchscreen or button pad.
- Venetian Craftsmanship: All Macap grinders are built by hand in Venice, Italy.
- Grind Adjustment: Stepless grind adjusts are great for precision, but often are hard to control in small increments. The screw-style adjust on the wheel, however makes very fine grind adjustments a snap.
- Workflow-Focused: The M42D's focus is firmly on workflow, with priorities paid to things like adjustable dosing style, portafilter compatibility, and a control scheme that cant be easily bumped or swiped in error.
- No Big Moves: The screw-style grind adjust is great for precision, but gets old quickly if you attempt to make wide/large changes.
Bean Hopper Capacity
Stepless - Infinite Settings
Burr - Flat Steel
Metal and Plastic