The Mazzer Mini Electronic Grinder looks like an art deco cross between a gum ball dispenser and a Peugeot. You were thinking it too, right?! A wonderfully goofy mix of industrial chic and utilitarian goodness together in one bean grinding package. It has a stepless grind adjustment and while it doesn't have a traditional dosing hopper, it still has programmable dosing so filling your portafilter using the Mazzer Mini has never been easier.
Features & Functionality of the Mazzer Mini Electronic Grinder
- Large Capacity: The sturdy clear plastic bean hopper with finger guard holds holds a whopping 1.3 pounds of beans and features an integrated trap door that allows for easy changing of beans without emptying.
- Consistent Grind: The stable stainless steel 64mm burr grinders are flat (rather than conical) and remove for easy cleaning. Designed to operate at a low RPM (rotations per minute) so that minimal heat builds up and is transfered to your beans.
- Doserless: While it doesn't have a traditional dosing hopper, it still has programmable dosing. You control between 4 and 16 grams per measure.
|How Does it Compare?||
The Mazzer Minis come in three configurations: a 58mm Mazzer Mini Flat Burr Espresso Grinder with a physical doser on the front, a 64mm Mazzer Mini Electronic Type A Espresso Grinder with programmable dosing functionality atop a funnel, and the 64mm Mazzer Mini Electronic Type B Espresso Grinder with a funnel and dosing begins when you tap the portafilter up against it. Also throw into the mix the branded Rocket Mazzer Minis which are essentially similar in a matching casing style for Rocket espresso machines.
|Tips and Tricks||
Do not remove the wire grid from the funnel exit chute. This is an anti-static feature.
|Suitable Applications||Drip Coffee, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Turkish|
|RPM of Burrs||No|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||1.3 lbs|
|Dosing Options||Programmable Dosing Functionality|
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepless - Infinite Settings|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Flat Steel|
|Timer or On/Off Switch||Both Timer & On/Off Switch|
Ask a Question
Warranty Information for the Mazzer Mini Electronic Grinder Type B
|What it Covers:||
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Mazzer Mini Electronic Grinder Type B
- Clean burrs on a weekly to biweekly basis, either with a cleaning brush or a burr grinder-specific cleaning product such as Grindz.
- Remove and hand wash bean hopper and lid with warm water and soap as needed.
User Manuals for your Mazzer Mini Electronic Grinder Type B
Videos Featuring the Mazzer Mini Electronic Grinder Type B
- Too Many Lawyers, Too Few EngineersReview by JM Miller
Price Quality Value
Overall: From the broad commercial use of Mazzer grinders, I’m guessing they’re reliable and long-lasting. I’ve been able to produce a good espresso grind, though only by carefully nudging the "micrometrical grinding adjustment”. The 2-shot timer is almost useless, and the conical doserless dispenser is silly.
Grind is adjusted with a large collar near the top, which presumably screws the disk grinder elements together or apart. Small changes in collar position produce large changes in grind, that is, control could be better. But this might require replacing flat with conical burrs, which would be a big change.
This doserless grinder provides a pair of “10-turn potentiometers” for timing 1-shot and 2-shot grinds. The problem is that at the highest setting the 2-shot adjustment doesn't run the grinder long enough to fill a 2-shot portafilter at finer grinds. Strangely, the 1-shot adjustment has the same maximum time. Shouldn’t the maximum time of the 2-shot pot be double? An easy fix, in which Mazzer customer service shows no interest.
The large conical ground coffee dispenser serves no purpose at all and should be replaced with a simple spout. Their lawyers, I’m guessing, concerned that the cone's easily removable top exposed the grinder disks to careless fingers, had them fit an internal shield, which makes cleaning difficult. (Posted on 6/7/2015)
- It's got it all!Review by carlhpretired
Price Quality Value
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $69.95
Regular Price: $34.95