The Mazzer Mini Flat Burr Espresso Grinder is widely appreciated as a commercial-grade, high quality grinder suited for small cafes, restaurants and home users who want a professional edge. Mazzer's latest version of the Mini Flat Burr Grinder comes with a stainless-steel grind tray and a power cord that comes out of the bottom rather than the side.
Beginner: Stepped grind adjustments and simple controls help anyone get grinding.
Intermediate: Grinders offering accurate grind controls and programmable dosing for daily coffee drinkers.
Expert: Stepless grind adjustments and pro-barista features make these the top of the line in coffee grinding.Expert
Espresso: Designed for precision grinds at fine settings just for espresso.
Coffee: Consistent at coarser grind settings for slow brew coffee methods (no unpressurized espresso baskets).
Espresso and Coffee: Capable of consistent grinding in both espresso and slow brew ranges.Espresso
Stepped: Notched, labeled settings for easy adjustability and repeatability.
Stepless: Precision stepless adjustment allows for micro-changes to grind size.Stepped
- Large Capacity: The sturdy clear plastic bean hopper with finger guard holds a whopping 1.3 pounds of beans and features an integrated trap door that allows for easy changing of beans without emptying.
- Consistent Grind: The stable stainless steel 58mm burr grinders are flat (rather than conical) and remove for easy cleaning. Designed to operate at a low RPM (rotations per minute) so that minimal heat builds up and is transferred to your beans.
- Stepless Adjustment: Twist and pull the adjustment pin to advance the beans from the hopper into the grinder. You can adjust as the grinder is working.
- Doser: The adjustable doser gives you control of measuring out between 5 and 8 grams per pull
- Stepless Control: Revel in having precise control over the consistency of your grind.
- Large Hopper: Super large hopper holds 1.3 pounds of beans.
- Doser Control: The precise and manual operation you get from the doser is a nice touch if you want complete control over how much is loaded into your portafilter.
- No Reference Marks: Because there is no end to the turns on the step less knob, there are no markers to help you recall your grind settings from each use.
- Too Much Machine?: Unless you plan on regularly grinding the large quantity this grinder can process, you may want to look into a smaller, less robust machine.
How Does it Compare?
The Mazzer Minis come in three configurations: a 58mm Mazzer Mini Flat Burr Espresso Grinder with a physical doser on the front, a 64mm Mazzer Mini Electronic Type A Espresso Grinder with programmable dosing functionality atop a funnel, and the 64mm Mazzer Mini Electronic Type B Espresso Grinder with a funnel and dosing begins when you tap the portafilter up against it. Also throw into the mix the branded Rocket Mazzer Minis which are essentially similar in a matching casing style for Rocket espresso machines.
In the coffee world, the Mazzer grinder is truly beloved. Mazzer was founded by Luigi Mazzer, who produced his first grinder using heavy-duty parts in the 1950s. Featuring stepless adjustment for infinite grind settings plus powerful motors and steel burrs, Mazzer grinders are true workhorses that you’ll see in many bustling coffee shops. They’re known for producing consistent, flavorful coffee and espresso grounds time and again, so they’re ideal for commercial applications. Shop for that perfect commercial grade Mazzer Grinder today at Seattle Coffee Gear!
Product Weight (lbs.)
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Bean Hopper Capacity
No Progamming - All Manual
Stepless - Infinite Settings
Burr - Flat Steel
Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Drip Coffee
What it Covers: Mazzer grinders
Length: 1 Year
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear, read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
- Clean burrs on a weekly to biweekly basis, either with a cleaning brush or a burr grinder-specific cleaning product such as Grindz.
- Remove and hand wash bean hopper and lid with warm water and soap as needed.