The Mazzer Mini Flat Burr Espresso Grinder is widely appreciated as a commercial-grade, high quality grinder suited for small cafes, restaurants and home users who want a professional edge. Mazzer's latest version of the Mini Flat Burr Grinder comes with a stainless-steel grind tray and a power cord that comes out of the bottom rather than the side.
Features & Functionality of the Mazzer Mini Flat Burr Grinder
- Large Capacity: The sturdy clear plastic bean hopper with finger guard holds a whopping 1.3 pounds of beans and features an integrated trap door that allows for easy changing of beans without emptying.
- Consistent Grind: The stable stainless steel 58mm burr grinders are flat (rather than conical) and remove for easy cleaning. Designed to operate at a low RPM (rotations per minute) so that minimal heat builds up and is transfered to your beans.
- Stepless Adjustment: Twist and pull the adjustment pin to advance the beans from the hopper into the grinder. You can adjust as the grinder is working.
- Doser: The adjustable doser gives you control of measuring out between 5 and 8 grams per pull
|How Does it Compare?||
The Mazzer Minis come in three configurations: a 58mm Mazzer Mini Flat Burr Espresso Grinder with a physical doser on the front, a 64mm Mazzer Mini Electronic Type A Espresso Grinder with programmable dosing functionality atop a funnel, and the 64mm Mazzer Mini Electronic Type B Espresso Grinder with a funnel and dosing begins when you tap the portafilter up against it. Also throw into the mix the branded Rocket Mazzer Minis which are essentially similar in a matching casing style for Rocket espresso machines.
|Suitable Applications||Drip Coffee, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Turkish|
|RPM of Burrs||No|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||20.8 oz|
|Dosing Options||No Progamming - All Manual|
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepless - Infinite Settings|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Flat Steel|
|Timer or On/Off Switch||Timer Only|
Ask a Question
Also, the hopper has a black plastic pull to send beans to the grinder. Is there any way to control how many beans are sent?
Thanks a lot
Hope this helps.
i have the same problem, so don't feel bad.
first, i try and pull a half dose on the third pull in order to fill the portafilter.
(i have not tried to "adjust the dose." i do not know how to do that.)
second, i flatten the coffee in the portafilter with my finger over the dose container (i remove the black top lid) and therefore the excess grinds fall back into the doser.
(this is before i tamp the coffee.)
my question for you is, which i constantly get confused about--which way do you turn the grind setting to make the grind courser or finer?
the label with the arrow confuses me overtime i try and make an adjustment.
do you turn the ring clockwise to make it courser or finer?
thanks for your input and good luck!
happy to chat anytime.
I love the mazzer mini and use it every morning.
but i need some feedback from others to get better at it!
Warranty Information for the Mazzer Mini Flat Burr Grinder
|What it Covers:||
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Mazzer Mini Flat Burr Grinder
- Clean burrs on a weekly to biweekly basis, either with a cleaning brush or a burr grinder-specific cleaning product such as Grindz.
- Remove and hand wash bean hopper and lid with warm water and soap as needed.
User Manual for your Mazzer Mini Flat Burr Grinder
- A costly but high-quality dedicated espresso grinderReview by Old Ginger
Price Value Quality