The Nespresso Citiz may have the look and feel of a retro appliance but this machine is the epitome of pure modern functionality. With it's clean and simple design the Citiz is easy to operate and has a heavy-duty boiler and pump system for a perfect capsule extraction every time.
How the Nespresso Citiz Works
- Rinse and fill the water reservoir and put in place at the back of the machine.
- Plug in the machine and turn on the power switch located in the lower right hand side of the machine.
- Prime the machine (only need to do this the first time): Lift the lever at the top of the machine and press the coffee button until water flows from the spout in the front.
- Brewing: Insert a capsule into the capsule slot and push the lever all the way down.
- Push one of the programmable brew buttons to extract an espresso or lungo.
- For complete instructions on using your machine, please refer to the manufacturer's guide.
Features and Functionality of the Nespresso Citiz Capsule Machine
- High Pressure Pump: 19 bars of pressure result in an increased initial pressure and an overall better shot.
- Patented Single-Serve Coffee Capsules: Nespresso's speciality coffee capsule system is designed to balance the ideal flow of water through the coffee grounds -- no-miss, simple, delicious coffee every time. Used capsules automatically eject.
- Thermoblock Boiler: Heats water quickly to the perfect temperature for the perfectly extracted coffee or espresso shot.
- Two Automatic Programmable Brew Buttons: One for espresso and one for coffee with back lighting.
- Removable 34 oz Water Tank: For easy cleaning and maintenance.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||9.0000|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||6 inches|
|Reservoir Size||34 oz.|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||25 Seconds|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
Ask a Question
In your opinion, which is the better machine? Are they both metal?
Capsules can be ordered directly from Nespresso via phone (800) 562-1465 or online www.nespresso.com
Warranty Information for the Nespresso Citiz
|What it Covers:||
Nespresso espresso machines and milk frothers
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Nespresso|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-562-1465|
|Notes:||Nespresso's excellent service includes a loaner machine of the same type sent to you with the return label for broken equipment. Once your machine is repaired, it is returned and includes a label to return the loaner.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Care and Maintenance for the Nespresso Citiz
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Soap out drip tray and capsule box every few days