Nespresso has taken the idea that smaller is always better. What Nespresso is calling a miniature version from its first round of popular Nespressos, the Pixie sits nine inches tall and allows you to fit cups for your favorite type of caffeinated drinks — espresso, lungo, lattes, macchiatos — to fit underneath its spout. Not only small but energy saving too, this machine will switch off after nine minutes, has a 40 percent lower power consumption than other machines and its heating time has been reduced to 25 seconds.
Features and Functionality of the Nespresso Pixie
- Smart Water Sensor - Wondering if you'll have enough water in your machine to make that cup o' joe in the morning won't be a hassle anymore with the Pixie's infrared warning light.
- Sturdy Design - Steel handle and aluminum side panels
- Speedy - Faster than it's predecessors, the Pixie is able to reach brewing temperature in 25 seconds flat, with a faster thermoblock and optimised water circuit.
- Patented Single-Serve Coffee Capsules - Nespresso's speciality coffee capsule system is designed to balance the ideal flow of water through the coffee grounds -- no-mess, simple, delicious coffee every time. Used capsules automatically eject.
- Smart Alert System - The infrared warning light and fibre optics check keeps an eye on your water level, notifying you of when it's time to fill up.
- Removable 0.7 Litre Water Tank - For easy cleaning and maintenance.
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Reservoir Size||24 oz|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||25 seconds|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
Ask a Question
Do the Nespresso machines come with coffee pods ?
Which seems to be the best in value, the Pixie or the U ?
1) For a 16 oz latte, will I have to use 2 capsules?
2) Is it known when Nespresso's patent on their capsules expires, thus allowing for more competition and probable lowering of capsule prices?
3) How does the quality of the espresso produced compare to the lower end Saeco superautomatics (Xsmall, Vienna plus, odea)
Thank you in advance!!
Capsules can be ordered directly from Nespresso via phone (800) 562-1465 or online www.nespresso.com
Warranty Information for the Nespresso Pixie
|What it Covers:||
Nespresso espresso machines and milk frothers
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Nespresso|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-562-1465|
|Notes:||Nespresso's excellent service includes a loaner machine of the same type sent to you with the return label for broken equipment. Once your machine is repaired, it is returned and includes a label to return the loaner.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Caring for the Nespresso Pixie
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Soap out drip tray and capsule box every few days
Videos Featuring the Nespresso Pixie
- Powerful PixieReview by Praisingann
Quality Price Value
Of the two, the Pixie is less automated, and only has espresso and lungo choices.
Not to worry. Less is more with the Pixie.
It produces an excellent shot of espresso and I noticed more flavorful results as compared with the U.
The Pixie is also very solid and relatively quiet as compared with the U.
As a note, Nespresso no longer manufactures the U.
My Pixie is the model where you can change the side panels out for ones with different colors. (Posted on 9/16/2015)
- Pixie nespressoReview by Happy
Quality Value Price
Great Taste, Quiet, Large Water Container, Quick Brewing, Easy To Use, Easy To Clean
(Posted on 3/7/2012)
- Favorite Kitchen ApplianceReview by Salmonhead
Quality Value Price
Great Taste, Easy To Clean, Quick Brewing, Easy To Use
Noisy (Posted on 11/29/2011)