To those who thought an affordable heat exchanger espresso machine would never exist, the Nuova Simonelli Oscar has arrived to prove them wrong. Using the quality construction of many other heat exchanging machines, the Oscar comes in at several hundred dollars lower than the competition without sacrificing quality.
This product is an Open Box product.
How the Nuova Simonelli Oscar Works
- The Nuova Simonelli Oscar utilizes heat exchanger functionality, giving you professional capabilities with being able to brew and steam at the same time. With that in mind, it is important that you are using a high quality burr grinder with a consistent setting for espresso.
- After that, apply 30 pounds of pressure with your tamper (58mm).
- Place the portafilter into the brewhead and pull it snug.
- Push the brew button and watch the crema form!
Features & Functionality of the Nuova Simonelli Oscar
- Heat Exchanger: Double boilers are so 2010 -- Heat exchangers provide most of the same benefit at a much lower price point. Brew and steam at the same time with this unit as well.
- Simple Interface: Two buttons and a steam knob. You wont need to spend hours trying to figure out what each feature does, making it easy to pull this guy out of the box, dial in your grinder and make espresso on to go.
- Professional Portafilter: This machine uses a high quality and durable 58mm portafilter.
- Large Water Tank: 2.3 liter reservoir means you won't have to fill up every couple shots -- but we do recommend keeping that tank clean.
- Great Steam Pressure: This steam wand is both capable of good microfoam as well as very quick temperature increases, blasting milk to latte temperature in seconds.
- Cup Warmer: The top of this machine functions perfectly as a cup warmer, with about enough space to old nine shot glasses cappuccino cups.
- Sturdy Construction: With the exception of the plastic body, this machine looks and feels durable.
- Removable Tray: Easily adjust the tray or remove it completely to accommodate taller cups.
|Ease of Use||4|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||
The Nuova Simonelli Oscar makes delicious shots with style.
|Tips and Tricks||
Be sure not to turn the steam dial all the way off. Stop just after the steam ceases.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||40.0000|
|Cup Clearance||3.0 inches|
|Boiler Volume||2 liter|
|Reservoir Size||2.3 liter|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||25 minutes|
|Pod Friendly||Yes - with adaptation|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
Ask a Question
Warranty Information for the Nuova Simonelli Oscar Open Box
|What it Covers:||
Nuova Simonelli espresso machines and grinders
- 2 Year (Parts and labor on all home espresso machines and grinders)
- 2 Year (Parts limited warranty for all commercial machines and grinders)
- 1 Year (Standard SCG labor warranty for all commercial machines and grinders)
- Variable (See below)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com|
Commercial class espresso machines have several different service plans available from which you may select during order placement. Please speak with your commercial sales rep for details on coverage duration, service level and individual policies.
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Nuova Simonelli Oscar Open Box
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Backflush the brewhead every couple weeks to ensure the best tasting espresso.
- To prevent lime and calcium build up in your machine, it is necessary to have a water treatment and possibly a technician professional descale your machine.