Compact and capable, the Ascaso I-Mini I1 offers high quality grinds in an adorable footprint. Equipped with 54mm flat steel burrs and a stepless worm-dial adjust, the simple, uncluttered design ensures easy operation for the home barista. And with a sturdy aluminum build and petite proportions, the I-mini will look great on any kitchen counter.
Beginner: Stepped grind adjustments and simple controls help anyone get grinding.
Intermediate: Grinders offering accurate grind controls and programmable dosing for daily coffee drinkers.
Expert: Stepless grind adjustments and pro-barista features make these the top of the line in coffee grinding.Intermediate
Manual: Manually grind your just-right dose.
Timed: Set a grind time for automatic dosing.
Programmable: Program multiple grind times for extra drink options.
By Weight: A built-in scale weighs coffee as it grinds for a perfect dose.Timed
Espresso: Designed for precision grinds at fine settings just for espresso.
Coffee: Consistent at coarser grind settings for slow brew coffee methods (no unpressurized espresso baskets).
Espresso and Coffee: Capable of consistent grinding in both espresso and slow brew ranges.Espresso
Stepped: Notched, labeled settings for easy adjustability and repeatability.
Stepless: Precision stepless adjustment allows for micro-changes to grind size.Stepless
- 54mm Flat Burrs: Hardened steel burrs and a solid brass burr holder offer consistent grinds from pour over to espresso fineness.
- Stepless Grind Adjust: A stepless grinder adjustment thumb dial offers near-infinite settings, making the I-mini particularly well-suited for dialing-in espresso shots.
- Small Proportions: Measuring in at a compact 4.75 inches wide and 13 inches tall, the I-Mini lives up to its namesake.
- Aluminum Case: Sturdy aluminum casing, available in textured black or polished finishes, is sure to withstand the rigors of a busy kitchen.
- Affordable: Stepless adjustments, 54mm flat burrs and a solid metal case are features not easily found at this price point.
- Teeny Tiny: This pint-sized bean pulverizer makes a perfect small-space match with the Dream Up or the Basic.
- Stepless: Our test unit came in nearly perfectly dialed-in out of the box (always a nice surprise), and while the adjustment knob was a little tight, adjustments were easy and we saw no grind drift.
- Aluminum Case: The solid aluminum case gives the grinder a reassuring weight and feel when in use.
- Basic: The I-mini offers few of the features we've grown accustomed to in more expensive grinders. The hopper has no bean gate for easy cleaning, and there is no continuous mode or timed dose functionality either.
- Clumpy: Small clumps are noticeable at the fine end of the espresso range, and tend to disperse in slow bursts from the grounds chute.
How Does it Compare?
The I-Mini comes in two versions, the I1 and I2. The I1 sports a 54mm flat burr with a solid brass burr holder, while the cheaper I2 has a plastic burr holder with small 38mm conical burrs. We've had much better experience with the larger, flat burrset for espresso.
Founded in 1962 by Jesus Ascaso, Ascaso has garnered acclaim for their high-performing espresso hardware. Combining retro style with functional engineering, Ascaso espresso machines optimize all aspects of production to craft great-tasting espresso in a matter of seconds. If you’re looking for a genuine Spanish espresso maker, Ascaso is a great choice.Check out our line of Ascaso espresso machines here at Seattle Coffee Gear Today!
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Bean Hopper Capacity
Stepless - Infinite Settings
Burr - Flat Steel
Metal and Plastic
Care and Maintenance
- Wipe out hopper every time you change beans.
- Run a grinder cleaning product like Grindz through the I-Mini monthly (especially if you love your dark roasts!)