Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Brewer KBG741 - Polished Silver - Open Box
The Technivorm Moccamaster KBG741 in Open Box has proven over years of use to be one of the best we have ever tested and tasted. If you are in the market for a coffee maker that will last and bring a smile to your face with every delicious, perfectly brewed cup then consider this. It has won prestigious standing with both the Specialty Coffee Association of America and Europe. Good to the last drop!
- Brewing Temperature - Brewing temperature between 198-205?F and holding temperature between 176-185?F meeting the requirements of the ECBC/SCAE/SCAA
- State of the Art Brewing - 9-hole spray head wets the grounds in the filter basket during the brew process. Brew cycle completes in five to six minutes.
- Heavy Duty Boiler - Durable copper element with dual safety guard
- Easy Filter Options - Can be used with a reusable Swiss Gold cone filter or can use disposable paper filters
- Water Level and Scale Indicators - The Open Box Moccamaster KBG741 includes a scale indicator and easy to ready water level container
- It Brews Hot Enough - One of the few coffee makers that brews at an optimal 200?F and is certified by the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America)
- Great Tasting Coffee - Drip coffee is 'sooooo' much better when brewed at the correct temperature and with the right equipment. True coffee love, taste the difference!
- Built Right - This is one of the most durable and best quality coffee brewers we have ever tested, and it's clearly built to last.
- Expensive - The KBG741 is more expensive to purchase than other models however it is designed to last longer, so over time there should be a break even point
- Industrial Design - The KBG741 has a larger more industrial design that may not be to everyone's liking or kitchen design aesthetic.
How Does it Compare?
We have numerous comparison videos, and you know we love this one, but your needs may vary.
A Note About Coffee & Cups
Let us break it down for you: Although 8 ounces equals a cup in the baking world, a US cup of coffee is measured at 6 ounces and a European cup of coffee is measured at 4.25 ounces. This is why we sometimes list ounces to paint a more accurate picture of capacity.
Tips and Tricks
Water really does make a difference, always start with fresh filtered water.
Warranty Information for the Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Maker
What it Covers: Technivorm coffee makers
Length: 5 Years
Who Supports the Warranty: Technivorm USA
Warranty Contact Information: 1-855-662-2200
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? No
Caring for your Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Maker
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2 - 3 months. We recommend using Dezcal or Cleancaf for descaling
- Clean the water tank and lid regularly
- Soap out the inside of the kettle and brew basket on a regular basis. Use Cleancaf if necessary to remove an coffee stains or residue.
User Manuals for your Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Maker
Articles Related to the Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Maker
Videos Featuring the Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Maker
Product Weight (lbs.)
Max/Min Ounces per Pot
40 ounces maximum
Warm Up: Brew Time