This PID controller kit is built to make your life brewing espresso on the Rancilio Silvia just that much easier. With consistency and temperature control so important in perfecting your shot, this PID will remove a considerable amount of variance, with easy-to-control temperature regulation.
While the PID Retrofit Kit for Rancilio Silvia with Pre-Infusion works for all Silvias, this PID w/ Screw RTD Sensor has been optimized for Version 1 and 2 only.
However, it is good to note that while the PID w/ Screw RTD Sensor offers better thermal accuracy and performance, it does not offer pre-infusion or programmable shot timing.
Note: This kit will only work for Rancilio Silvia manufactured after May 2000 and before July 2006. The manufacture date of Silvia is printed in the last row of the label on the bottom of the machine. If it says 0506, it means it is made on May 2006. The newer machine does not have the threaded thermowell.
Please be aware that installing this on your Silvia will void any existing warranties.
How the PID Control Retrofit Kit for Rancilio Silvia Works
The PID controller in this kit is specifically modified for home espresso brewing applications: Fig 1 is the temperature response curve.
- Two additional parameters are included to balance the requirement of cold start speed, shot recovery speed and long term stability. (this is a different controller than our universal controller SYL-1512)
- A platinum RTD temperature sensor is used which is more accurate and has greater long-term stability than thermocouple sensors.
- Temperature variations within the controllers environment will not affect the accuracy of its reading.
- The sensor is built inside of a screw and will fit into the existing thermowell on the boiler’s top surface.
- Test results show that this provides more accurate temperature measurement and control results than that from a sensor mounted on the boiler’s top surface.
Caring for the PID Control Retrofit KIT for Rancilio Silvia
For detailed care instructions, please refer to the user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Wipe down with damp wet cloth after use.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||0.6000|