The Epoca S Semi-Automatic espresso machine is a high-tech Rancilio model, complying with the most advanced technical requirements. Stylish by design and easy to operate, it has all the outstanding qualities of Rancilio coffee machines combining electronics with traditional hardware for higher performance. The machine body is now rust-proof, scratch-proof and wear-resistant for years of usage.
The Semi-Automatic control of this machine makes it extremely simple and reliable in all situations. The Epoca S is available plumbed and now in a 'tank' version with an independent water tank that allows it to be used without connection to the main water supply.
How the Rancilio Epoca S 2 Group Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine Works
- Semi-Automatic (S) - This version is what you might commonly find in your typical coffee shop, where time and water quantity are all controlled by the barista during extraction. No need to worry about pressure profiles, as these machines will take care of that for you at a standard 9 bars.
- Semi-Automatic Tank (ST) - This version has the same features as the Semi-Automatic but does not require a water source as the water tank is built into the unit.
- Automatic (E) - This version will take a lot of the guess work out of your extraction variables by setting water quantity profiles that will keep everything much more consistent across the board. This sort of machine is considered quite a bit easier to use.
Features & Functionality of the Rancilio Epoca S 2 Group Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine
- Independent heat exchangers: The Rancilio Epoca S comes with independent heat for each group head, ensuring that every espresso shot is brewed at a consistent temperature, giving you the best tasting shot possible.
- Boiler Pressure Gauge: Know when your machine is ready with this visible gauge on the front for checking the boiler pressure and automatic water level.
- Cup Warmer: The top of this machine functions perfectly as a cup warmer, with about enough space to hold nine shot glasses or several cappuccino cups.
- Pod Adaptable: No Grinder? No problem! simply get the pod adapter, and make great espresso with this unit.
- C-Lever: Ergonomic steam knob with open-stay and open-close functions. Using just a 25 degree turn, it's easy on your barista's wrist. Turn it upwards it will lock in an open position, turning downwards allows a feathered control so the barista is in full control of the steaming process.
- Grid System: To make cleaning and maintenance easier, Rancilio has equipped all its products with a revolutionary work surface on the drip tray. The grids are easy to remove and dishwasher safe.
Ask a Question
If you are looking to create a focused concept around espresso then you will definitely want a machine that is going to be 220v, but past that I would recommend calling or emailing our commercial department to help you specify the machine that is right for your specific location and concept. There is a place for a 110v machine too, but it would not be recommended as the machine that you are basing a large stream of revenue around as it would not be able to remain heat stable past that 50 drinks a day or 25 in a peak hour. Please let us know if we can assist you any further. You can also reach our commercial team at email@example.com.
Warranty Information for the Rancilio Epoca S 2 Group Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
Rancilio commercial espresso machines and grinders
1 Year (Parts only for all Epoca 1 Group espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
Commercial espresso machines and grinders are covered by a limited, commercial-class warranty. Self installation may void your commercial warranty. For more information on service and support, please discuss with your commercial sales rep.
Caring for the Rancilio Epoca S 2 Group Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Back flush group heads daily
- Clean the brew gasket with a cleaning brush daily
- Soap out the drip tray every few days
- Clean the filter basket each week
- Keep the steam wand clean; make sure to wipe it down after each use
Tech Specs for the Rancilio Epoca S 2 Group Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine
|Power||220 volts, 4300 watts|
|Amps||20 amp circuit required|
|Size||19 H x 22 D x 31 W|
|Body Material||Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Capacity||11 liters|