Sometimes the best just keeps getting better! Rocket has once again exceeded expectations by creating the Giotto Premium Plus with PID. The clear successor to the Giotto Premium Plus V2, this updated model features an integrated PID for a more precise brewing temperature. To maintain its elegant design, Rocket strategically placed the PID controller inside the drip tray. No need to constantly fuss with the temperature! Just set the controller to your ideal brewing temperature, install the drip tray and forget it.
Features & Functionality of the Rocket Espresso Giotto Premium Plus with PID
- Dual Pressure Gauges: A barometer for both the steam pump and brew boiler allows you to visibly see the amount of pressure applied while brewing or steaming.
- Legendary E-61 Brew Head: This highly sought-after brew head is commercial grade and sure to last.
- Pre-Infusion System: Rocket's dual pre-infusion system works to make a smooth shot of espresso with excellent body and crema.
- Insulated Boiler: The added insulation works to increase heat retention, reducing wait time between shots.
- Heavy Duty Boiler The 1.8 liter boiler is constructed of pure copper and made with two lead free brass end plates. The end plates, plus the added boiler insulation help increase thermal retention.
- Cup Rack: Removable cup rack is included and is easily installed. The cup rack can also be left off if you require a little less height on your machine.
- Integrated PID: Not so secretly hidden inside the drip tray and available for control over your brewing temperature.
- Control Light: Located at the bottom left corner of the machine, this light illuminates green when the machine is on and flashes when the water level is low.
- Large Water Reservoir: Via the separate lid, easily access the removable water reservoir without clearing your cups from the cup warmer.
- Hot Water: Both the Rocket Giotto & Cellini Premium Plus with PID feature a sturdy hot water wand for instant Americanos or hot chocolate (for the sweet tooth in the house!).
|Ease of Use||4|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||3|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||The Rocket Giotto Premium Plus with PID is essentially a Giotto Premium Plus V2, with an integrated PID for temperature control.|
|Tips and Tricks||What Your PID Is Trying to Tell You:
|Width||With Cup Rail: 13.0 inches | Without Cup Rail: 13.0 inches|
|Depth||With Cup Rail: 17.0 inches | Without Cup Rail: 17.0 inches|
|Height||With Cup Rail: 16.5 inches | Without Cup Rail: 15.0 inches|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||50.0000|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||3.5 inches|
|Boiler Volume||1.8 liter|
|Reservoir Size||98 ounces|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||11 minutes|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||11 minutes|
|Boiler Design||Heat Exchanger|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||No|
Ask a Question
Is the water tank plastic bpa free ?
Just wanted your expert thoughts?
or getting the R58
can you help?
I'm floating between the Premium Plus V3 with PID, or the Evolution with rotary pump, which do you think matters most? Rotary pump or PID? Why didn't rocket do the Evolution with PID, would have been a much easier choice! :)
Warranty Information for the Rocket Espresso Giotto Premium Plus with PID
|What it Covers:||
Rocket Espresso machines
- Home Use: 1 year parts and labor (R58, Evolution, Premium Plus)
- Commercial Equipment: 1 year parts, 3 months labor
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes for home equipment|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Rocket Espresso Giotto Premium Plus with PID
- Clean the brew gasket with a cleaning brush.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week.
- Keep the stainless-steel casing shiny with a microfiber cloth.
User Manuals for your Rocket Espresso Giotto Premium Plus with PID
- 8 Months In ReviewReview by Daniel
Quality Price Value
I'm using the Compak K3 with this machine and have really enjoyed both.
*However, the single most important piece of equipment in my opinion is the $20 scale to get the consistent dose and extractions. This machine as well as the Compak grinder will make terrible coffee far easier than they will make you good coffee. Weigh your grinds, and the extraction you're brewing.*
When this machine is given the time to heat up, and really get hot, it produces some great coffee. The build quality is excellent, you notice that right away as picking this thing up requires some strength.
Anytime I'm running water through the group, I always run it straight into a little cup. The drip tray will fill up extremely quick, and with how beautiful this machine looks, it also helps keep it looking clean.
I do enjoy the steaming power. It's quite the upgrade from any machine I've had. I do however not enjoy how fast the machine runs out of steaming power. (If you're brewing and steaming simultaneously) I regularly make a double shot latte and steam my small amount of milk at the same time, and by the time I've pulled the wand out and go to purge it, the steaming power is pretty weak.
Overall if you're a home barista looking to step your game up, this machine is a great purchase.
(Posted on 8/7/2015)
- Love Love Love!!!Review by Jason
Quality Price Value
I started with a Rancilio Silvia and Rocky grinder, at the time it was more than I wanted to spend but the entry level into something that could pull decent quality. After 10 months with the Silvia, I grew tired of having to wait to steam or pull shots with the single boiler. That brought me to the Giotto. Let's be honest, this is A LOT to spend on a coffee maker for residential use. After much research, I decided that the Giotto Premium Plus was indeed the next level and would afford me the ability to steam and pull shots at the same time. That's really the main reason I went ahead with the purchase.
What I wasn't prepared for was how beautiful it is and how amazing it looks in my kitchen. This thing is solid, pretty heavy, like a luxury car. My very first shot, I used the bottomless portafilter, VST 20g basket instead of the stock one, Bar Nine beans and the quality was as good as anything at the coffee shops from the LaMarzocco machines. I truly thought the only way I would get that level of taste was if I spent 15k on a professional machine. This is as good and a fraction of the cost. I look forward to many years of use on this machine.
Skip past the Silvia and go straight to Rocket, the quality from the Silvia is good, don't get me wrong, but it's not Coffee Shop good. If this is an appliance you plan on having in your life for decades, its worth it. (Posted on 7/17/2015)
- Water Tank woes solved!Review by Honey
Quality Price Value
Then came the revelation: We put pure silicon gel around the gasket. It is the only substance we know of that could withstand the high temperatures. Voila', since doing so, the water tank can now be removed and replaced with only one human power needed! Yes, silicon is expensive, but you can purchase a very small quantity. Hope others find this tip useful. (Posted on 2/23/2015)
- It's not Rocket ScienceReview by Melanie
Price Value Quality
- nice espresso makeReview by Valerie
Price Value Quality
- Rocket Espresso Giotto V3 - Magnificent!Review by Tomasi
Price Value Quality
Steaming is great too; that boiler is a beast. And because of the heat exchanger I can now do our morning combo of a double espresso for me and latte for my wife in about 1/4 the time.
And it looks great on my countertop! (Posted on 4/14/2014)