Rocket Espresso Porta Via Espresso Machine
Prosumer espresso anywhere: Rocket Espresso's promise to the jet-setter inside all of us rings through with the Porta Via Espresso Machine. At first glance, the unassuming black case—complete with whimsical Porta Via stickman plaque—looks much like a small drum case. But once you pop its buckled lid, you're rewarded with bright steel and the classic espresso machine face common to Rocket Espresso's entire domestic line. Seconds later, your suitcase is transformed into a svelte espresso setup, complete with milk pitcher and cups for macchiatos or cappuccinos. This revolution in travel espresso maintains its commercial roots with a brass heat-exchange boiler mated to a solid E61 group, offering simultaneous brewing and steaming and a heated water path for consistent espresso. When Rocket claims "Travel just got a whole lot more interesting", they bring the design to back it up.
- Travel Case - The Porta Via's main claim to fame, its already compact frame packs down nicely into a suitcase for travel.
- Full E61 Group - A classic Italian innovation, the E61 group actively heats your portafilter with a built-in thermosiphon and relieves pressure when not in use.
- Heat-exchange Boiler - A first in a machine this size, the heat-exchange design lets you brew and steam at the same time.
- Included Accessories - The Porta Via packs in a full set of accessories, including a bottomless portafilter, milk pitcher, tamper, and cup set.
- Compact Capability - A true heat-exchange setup gives good steam and temperature control—especially compared to similarly-sized machines.
- Craftsmanship - Rocket Espresso's attention to detail shines in the Porta Via's bright stainless body, padded casing, and unique design.
- Cool Factor - It's a suitcase! Even fully unfurled, the Porta Via's tiny frame offers striking looks on a kitchen counter.
- Tiny Tradeoffs - For the Porta Via's size, you sacrifice a few niceties—like a full-size boiler and hot water wand.
- How Portable Is It? - The first time you pick up your Porta Via, you're in for a surprise—its steel case and brass boiler weigh in over 50 pounds.
What it Covers: Rocket Espresso home machines and grinders
- Espresso Machines: 3 years parts and labor
- Grinders: 1 year parts and labor
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear, read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? Yes
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
- Ensure water tank is empty before disassembling
- Once used, do not store Porta Via on its side
- Backflush with water daily; weekly with detergent
- Wipe down case with clean microfiber cloth
21.5 inches with portafilter
23 inches with reservoir
Product Weight (lbs.)
Warm Up: Brew Time
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Rocket Espresso produces hand built espresso machines featuring classic elements of Italian design. With heated E61 groupheads that ensure even extraction, to elements like rotary pumps and PID controllers, Rocket Espresso machines are some of the most sophisticated on the market. These machines represent the closest you can get to bringing the Italian cafe to your countertop.
Compare Similar Machines
|Rocket Espresso R58 Cinquantotto Espresso Machine||Breville Bambino Pro Espresso Machine||Breville Oracle Espresso Machine|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Available Portafilters||Pressurized, Non-Pressurized, Bottomless||Pressurized and Non-Pressurized, Pressurized||Pressurized and Non-Pressurized, Bottomless|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler||Thermocoil||Double Boiler|
|Boiler Material||Brass/Copper||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum||Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Volume||1.7 L | 0.58 L|
|Cup Clearance||3.5 inches||4 inches||4 inches|
|Depth||22.75 inches with portafilter||12.6 inches||15 inches|
|Height||16.75 inches||11.8 inches||18 inches|
|Programmability||Temperature, PID||Shot Time, Milk Temperature, Milk Foam||PID, Pre-infusion, Shot Time, No, Milk Temperature, Milk Foam|
|Reservoir Size||2.5 L||64 oz||84 ounces|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||16 seconds||10 minutes|
|Water Sources||Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||17 inches with PID||7.7 inches||16.25 inches|