Cappuccinos, lattes and macchiatos are a push of a button away with the Refurbished Saeco Exprelia One Touch Superautomatic Espresso Machine. The double boiler cuts down on your wait time, instantly brewsing espresso after automatically frothing your milk. As if life couldn't get any easier, Saeco designed the Exprelia with access to automatic cleaning and descaling. So sit back and relax, then enjoy the frothy goodness your machine will magically create.
This is a Certified Refurbished Espresso Machine
This video may feature a different model year. There may be variations in color, features and included items.
Features & Functionality of the Refurbished Saeco Exprelia One Touch Superautomatic Espresso Machine
- Removable Milk Frothing Carafe with Automatic Cleaning Cycle: External container automatically froths milk into your cup. The top portion of the handle swivels to the left to dispense steamed milk directly into your cup during the brew cycle. When the handle is swiveled back to the container it automatically rinses itself to keep the container clean and clear of any milk clogs.
- Alternate Steaming and Hot Water Wand: The Exprelia has a dedicated hot water and alternate steaming wand with dedicated second boiler for strong steaming power. The stainless steel wand does not include a panarello and is perfect for creating your own micro-foam.
- Removable Water Tank: 1.5 liter removable water tank
- Double Boiler System: The Exprelia has two stainless-steel boilers that ensure there is always water at the right temperature for brewing, steaming, or dispensing hot water.
- Saeco Brewing System (SBS): Allows you to choose the strength and consistency of your coffee by turning a dial.
- Aroma System: The Saeco Aroma System pre-wets your coffee grinds to ensure the best possible coffee extraction. This feature, also known as pre-infusion, can be turned off or on, or lengthened to suit your taste.
- Auto-Clean: Your Saeco superautomatic will automatically clean and descale for you leaving you with a well-maintained machine that will produce flavorful drinks every time.
- Customization: Each beverage can be set to your personal preference. It allows you to program the quantity of coffee to grind, coffee temperature, size of your drink and quantity of milk or water.
|How Does it Compare?||
This machine does not have all of the proverbial bells and whistles that the Xelsis does, but it shares the same one-touch functionality.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||40.0000|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel/Plastic|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||4.25 inches|
|Reservoir Size||1.5 liters|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1 minute and 29 seconds|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||12 seconds|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||10.5 ounces|
|Material||Brushed Stainless Steel|
Ask a Question
It sounds like you've checked the strength (which is another setting to change), and while you mentioned that you switched to a dark roast, we actually don't recommend doing this, as a dark roast will tend to have an oily sheen on the surface of the bean, which can clog the grinder very quickly and can be harmful to the machine. We recommend sticking to a medium roast so that you don't get any clogging.
The last thing to check is that the brew unit is being cleaned regularly, and that the grind setting seems to be appropriate. It sounds like in this case, that you've got a pretty consistent flow, which is a solid indication that you're at the right setting!
I think the biggest change for you will be in setting the volume that it's brewing at. If you're still looking for the same volume as what the Cafe setting is already set to, but would like it to be both darker and stronger, then you could set the volume to 1/2 of what it is currently, then just double tap the Cafe button, so that it grinds and brews twice in a row for you!
Which super automatic would you recommend? Saeco Exprelia or Jura S9? Based reliability and ease of use/maintenance.
I would very much appreciate a response.
I have been read in about these two products and I like certain features of each one.
Warranty Information for the Refurbished Saeco Exprelia One Touch Superautomatic Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
SCG's Certified Refurbished Equipment
Including Saeco, Delonghi, Rocket, Rancilio, Francis Francis Refurbished Equipment
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Refurbished Saeco Exprelia One Touch Superautomatic Espresso Machine
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Remove the brew group and spray it down with hot water (no soap!) about once per week.
- Clean and rinse the milk pitcher in soapy water between fillings.
- Wipe the brushed stainless casing with a damp rag or sponge. Casing can be cleaned periodically with stainless steel cleaner/polish.
User Manuals for your Saeco Exprelia One Touch Superautomatic Espresso Machine
Videos Featuring the Refurbished Saeco Exprelia One Touch Superautomatic Espresso Machine
- Great SuperautomaticReview by Jared The Geek
Price Quality Value
Let's start with the looks. This thing is great looking on the counter. Its larger from my small manual machine and burr grinder but not obtrusive. The stainless or brushed aluminum or whatever its made out of is great. Cleans easily. I like all the drip trays and the magnet for the drip tray under the nozzles.
Its pretty loud but not bad. Its so nice to walk up and hit the button twice and two shots come out. Once you play with it, you can get it to produce shots with great crema. Sure its not like an expert manually pulled shot but for a superautomatic it comes out great.
While the milk from the pitcher/ frother is not as hot as some like I have found it acceptable. Having the option to manually steam milk is also great but I bought this to overcome my sheer laziness and its done a great job there.
I have had the machine under a week and I pull at least 6 shots a day so I clean the dregs bin a lot but its better than the whole counter when I was tamping my own coffee in that morning fog my mind was in.
If you are looking for the perfect shot you won't find it. If you are looking for something to make coffee a bit better then the green lady then you found it. Buy good beans and make the most of the machine. (Posted on 10/21/2014)
- First timerReview by Selina
Price Quality Value
- A Great Machine When Paired With Reasonable ExpectationsReview by John
Price Quality Value
Coming from that machine I just wanted a traditional super auto with a steam wand. When I saw that I could something like the Exprelia One Touch for only a little more than my De Longhi would otherwise run we decided to take the plunge. More than anything else I was really drawn by the perceived built quality of the machine. I say perceived simply because I won't know for at least 1-2 years the reality of my immediate impressions.
People have "complained about temp" when using the one touch for milk drinks, it's not going to be 160 degrees. I suspect even the newer Evo won't get hot enough for those who want a piping hot cup. The one touch is all about convenience, not temperature and control over the final result. If I want to take the time or I have guests it's the steam wand. If it's 10 minutes after I woke up and I want a quick cup before I rush out the door, the one touch does the job. Pre-Warming your cup will help and so will drinking immediately. It's not hot enough to run a cup and then sip slowly over the next 15 minutes. Keep in mind the coffee comes out of this machine *very* hot, we are talking specifically about the milk. Thankfully with this machine if you WANT that kind of temp you still have a steam wand unlike many comparable machines that sacrifice the steam wand for the carafe. If I want to make a latte for someone I can run milk and then steam it for a boost in temp. The key thing for me is the Exprelia (and also the Evo) give you options that most machines don't.
I knocked off a star for price and value simply because though out of stock it appears SCG sells the newer model Evo for $100 less as a refurb despite that machine actually selling for $100 over the original exprelia. My Refurb looked new, I saw no signs of wear/tear even in areas where I would expect to have seen some marring (such as the plastic cover of the LCD screen). Can't say everyone's unit will be like this but I walked out with a unit in better cosmetic shape then I would have suspected.
One other "knock" that doesn't really matter. The genius designers put a bright red LED light in the power button. Not so that you know when it's on, nope.... This light FLASHES about twice a minute while the machine is in standby. Our coffee bar faces our living room and I ended up putting a sticker over it. Not the end of the world but definitely one of those "what were they thinking" moments. (Posted on 3/5/2014)
- Overall great machineReview by Chris
Price Quality Value
I have had it for about 2 1/2 weeks now and do not regret spending the $$ on it even though it was a stretch for me at refurb price. Planning on making it up on efficiency with my business! Overall this is a quality machine that has been well thought out. Seattle Coffee Gear was great to deal with. Site made purchase easy, they give you tracking info, and they were friendly when I called in on the temperature of the milk based drinks. (Posted on 1/17/2013)