The Saeco Gran Baristo with removable bean container arrives on the scene as one of the most advanced superautomatic machines to date. Offering the sleek silhouette of a slim computer tower and new functionality to boot, we're certain this machine will more than please the pickiest espresso and coffee drinkers in your life.
Features & Functionality of the Saeco Gran Baristo HD8966/47 Superautomatic Espresso Machine with Removable Bean Container
- User Profiles - This machines allows up to 6 separate users the ability to customize and save their drink preferences. The Saeco Gran Baristo is conveniently equipped with 3 preset profiles (that can be reprogrammed to your taste) and also offers 3 additional blank profiles to program.
- Programmability - The Gran Baristo allows you to customize your drinks with the following program options: aroma (coffee strength), coffee quantity (amount of water used to brew), coffee temperature (low, medium, high), taste (enables pre-infusion and can be set to delicate, balanced and full body) and the amount of milk used when creating a milk based drink.
- VeriPresso Brew Chamber - Saeco's latest addition to the world of superautomatic espresso machines offers automatically adjusting pressure depending on the type of drink selected. Choose an espresso and the Gran Baristo will brew at 15 BAR of pressure. Choose a coffee and the Gran Baristo will brew at 3 - 4 BAR of pressure.
- Drink Options Aplenty! - Thanks to the VeriPresso brew chamber, the Gran Baristo is able to offer 16 different drink options.
- Coffee Profiles - Choose the Robusta or Arabic coffee profiles (depending on the type of beans your brewing) and the Gran Baristo will adjust the way it brews for optimal flavor.
- Adjustable Ceramic Burr Grinder - Achieve the perfect grind without the burnt taste of twice roasted beans with the adjustable ceramic burr grinder.
- Removable Bean Container - The 9.50 ounce removable bean container makes grinding through old beans, just to add new beans, a thing of the past! Flip the bean container lock to release the Gran Baristo's hold, lift the container and dump out your old beans. Easy peasy!
- Adjustable Spout - The coffee spout adjusts to leave as little as 3 inches of cup clearance and will raise, leaving 4.50 inches of clearance. Remove the adjustable spout for additional height and get up to 6.50 inches of total cup clearance.
- Auto Milk Frothing - Effortlessly create delicious milk based drinks with just a touch of a button using the removable milk carafe.
- Removable Water Spout - Have access to hot water in no time flat with the removable hot water spout.
|How Does it Compare?||
For some, super hot milk and espresso is the only way to go when making a drink. With this in mind, we often see just how hot temperatures can get after a few brew and steam cycles. Here are our findings:
|Tips and Tricks||
Take full advantage of the removable bean hopper by regularly switching out your coffee beans according to your developing taste. When switching to a different blend, Saeco recommends cleaning the coffee duct by completing their Coffee Empty Cycle. The Coffee Empty Cycle conveniently performs a grinding cycle, grinding through any old beans that may have made it out of the container before switching, without wasting water by actually brewing coffee.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||30.0000|
|Programmability||Custom Drinks, Dose, Milk Volume, Pre-infusion, Profiles, Shot Time, Temperature|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||3.00 to 6.50 inches|
|Reservoir Size||57 ounces|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||2 minute 15 seconds (warm up + 1 brewed espresso shot)|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||9.50 ounces|
Ask a Question
Warranty Information for the Saeco Gran Baristo HD8966/47 Superautomatic Espresso Machine with Removable Bean Container
|What it Covers:||
Saeco espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Saeco|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-933-7876|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Espresso machines only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Saeco Gran Baristo HD8966/47 Superautomatic Espresso Machine with Removable Bean Container
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Remove the brew group and spray it down with hot water (no soap!) about once per week.
- Clean and rinse the milk pitcher in soapy water between fillings.
- Wipe the brushed stainless casing with a damp rag or sponge. Casing can be cleaned periodically with stainless steel cleaner/polish.