Perfect espresso has never been so simple! The Saeco Intelia's bright LED display is easy to operate and you will have a satisfying espresso or Americano at the touch of a button. Select water volume and one of three dosage levels depending on how strong you like your cup. Steam milk effortlessly with the panarello on the original model or enjoy one touch steaming functionality with the cappuccinatore on the stainless steel model.
Features & Functionality of the Saeco Intelia
- Wide and Bright LED Display: The three color display works just like a stoplight and makes operation and machine maintenance a breeze.
- Ceramic Grinder: This high-tech grinder preserves aroma without overheating.
- Removable Brew Group: Removing the brew group for weekly rinsing makes maintenance a breeze
- Pre-brewing Technology: Grounds are moistened before the brewing process for maximum flavor.
- Energy Efficient: After 30 minutes the machine kicks into automatic stand-by mode, drawing less than 1 Watt per hour to remain at attention.
- Bypass Doser: Brewing with preground coffee is a simple using the bipass doser on top of the machine.
|Ease of Use||5|
|How Does it Compare?||
The Intelia operates similarly to the Syntia, but has a larger capacity water reservoir (50 oz vs 40 oz), dredge box (10 vs 8 pucks) and bean hopper (10 oz vs 8 oz), making it ideal for larger households or offices. The Intelia also offers energy saving functionality with automatic stand-by mode after 30 minutes, and improved mobility of beans into the grinder.
The Saeco Intelia original model offers a panarello for milk frothing. The Saeco Intelia Stainless Steel model comes equipped with a cappuccinatore for easy frothing.
Before you choose your Intelia based on it's shiny exterior color, please consider the following differences:
|Model Number||Black: HD8751/47 | Stainless Steel: HD8752/23|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel/Plastic|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||4.25 inches|
|Reservoir Size||50.7 ounces|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|One-Touch||No - Panarello Only|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||10.6 ounces|
|Material||Metal and Plastic|
Ask a Question
I've searched on the philips site, and i didn't find anything about pre infusion on the intelia HD8751. Can you tell me if The intelia focus has pre infusion?
the taste we had when we owned a Saeco Vienna yeasrs ago but am still trying. Coffee seems a little strong
and bitter. Any recommendations on good settings for water amount, grind, and strength settings?
1. Make sure it's not the bean itself that is too bitter.
2. The grinder setting is factory set at the center. Try moving the setting one step to the left. This may help reduce the bitterness.
3. Keep the "beans" setting on 3 if you like a strong flavor.
4. We use a double shot for the amount of water (not single).
Hope that helps and good luck finding the perfect balance.
The only other thing that could have happened is if some water splashed up the grinder chute, potentially getting to the grinder. It's probably unlikely that water got all the way into the grinder, so you're probably still fine, but if you have water in the grinder, this can cause damage. You can try to clean out the grinder to the best of your abilities, by vacuuming out the grinder and the chute where the grounds fall from the grinder into the brew unit, then taking an air compressor to both of these areas to try to blow out any remaining grounds or water if it did get in there.
Otherwise, you'll probably be looking for a machine that has a large water tank, so the ones that would have this larger capacity would be the Saeco Royal One Touch Cappuccino machine, or the Jura XJ9 Professional.
I am temporarily using the panarello from my Odea to manually steam the milk, but would really like to get the cappuccinotori working properly again. Any ideas?
The independent coffee tasting organization Italian Tasters has certified Saeco's Xelsis, Exprelia and Intelia superautomatics as producing Espresso and Cappuccino Perfetto. Learn More.
Warranty Information for the Saeco Intelia Superautomatic Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
Saeco espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Saeco|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-933-7876|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Espresso machines only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Saeco Intelia Superautomatic Espresso Machine
- Descale every 2 - 3 months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank and drip trays every few days
- Remove the brew group and spray it down with hot water (no soap!) about once per week.
User Manuals for your Saeco Intelia Superautomatic Espresso Machine
Articles Featuring the Saeco Intelia Superautomatic Espresso Machine
Videos Featuring the Saeco Intelia Superautomatic Espresso Machine
- Take off the bean gaurd then you have a perfect machineReview by Francesco
Quality Price Value
- Take off the bean gaurd then you have a perfect machineReview by JS Corp
Price Value Quality
- Happy we purchased the InteliaReview by Lanna
Value Quality Price
The only reason we gave the quality rating a '4' is because the sides are plastic and not metal like our old Incanto was.
Other than that, we're happy so far. (Posted on 11/15/2013)
- Heaven in a cup!Review by Suzanne
Price Value Quality
(Posted on 6/11/2013)
- Good machine once you get past the finger guard...Review by RB
Price Value Quality
The steam wand produces very frothy milk, taking some practice of stirring and swirling to allow the milk to get up to temperature.
The machine is quiet, quick, cleans easily and has enough capacity to keep up with the coffee consumption of our family. It has a smaller footprint than our older machine. I like the front access for the water and dregs and the top load for the beans.
I highly recommend Seattle Coffee gear - they provided good advice and excellent support. (Posted on 12/30/2012)