The Certified Refurbished Talea Giro V1 & Plus Espresso Machines are straightforward superautomatics that don't feature a ton of programming to get in the way of making great coffee, quickly and easily. It does feature Rapid Steam for a quick switch between brew and steam, high clearance on the steam wand and an adjustable removable drip tray — giving you some of the best cup clearance on the market.
Features & Functionality of the Refurbished Saeco Talea Giro
- Adjusting Dosing: Select from three different dosage settings to vary the strength of your shot. The Plus model includes a fourth option that activates the preground option for decaf coffee.
- Saeco Brewing System (SBS): Pressurization dial lets you select from more or less pressure so you can dial in your crema preferences.
- Removable Stainless-Steel Drip Tray: With some of the best cup clearance of any superautomatic on the market, the Talea Giro can accommodate even taller cups.
- Ceramic Burr Grinder: A quieter grinder than steel, ceramic burr grinders also stay sharper longer. You can adjust it to five different coarseness settings. The Giro Plus version has been updated to include the new Saeco Adapting System (SAS), which automatically adjusts to work with your favorite bean selection.
- Panarello Attachment: A sturdy steam wand includes an attachment that makes frothing easy, requiring little intervention on your part. The wand also dispenses hot water.
- 57 ounce Water Tank: Suitable for the optional Aqua Prima filter (to reduce scale buildup), the removable water tank is accessed from the side, making it easy to clean and refill.
- Removable Brew Group: Also accessed from the side, this brew group is easy to clean and maintain — just pull it out once per week and spray it down with hot water.
- Wheeled Base: Smoothly move the machine across your countertop without having to lift it.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||3|
|Ease of Use||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||3|
|How Does it Compare?||The Giro V1 & Plus are both great machines. However, the Plus is slightly more advanced and features a bypass doser for pre-ground coffee and an increase to five grind settings from the V1's three grind settings. The V1 features light grey side casings and a dark front casing. The Plus features darker side casings and a lighter front casing.|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||5.375 inches|
|Reservoir Size||57 ounces|
|Steam Wand Type||Panarello Only|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||About 1 minute|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||5 seconds|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||No|
|One-Touch||No - Steam Wand Only|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||8 ounces|
Ask a Question
Warranty Information for the Refurbished Saeco Talea Giro V1 & Plus
|What it Covers:||
SCG's Certified Refurbished Equipment
Including Saeco, Rocket, Rancilio, Francis Francis Refurbished Equipment
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Refurbished Saeco Talea Giro V1 & Plus
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Remove the brew group and spray it down with hot water (no soap!) about once per week.
User Manuals for your Refurbished Saeco Talea Giro V1 & Plus
Videos Featuring the Refurbished Saeco Talea Giro Plus
- Overall good valueReview by Frank
Quality Price Value
The plastic knob that controls the steam is a weak point that can break easily. (Posted on 1/1/2015)