Program your favorite drink for one-touch capability or manually froth milk on the handy steam wand. With the Saeco Xelsis Evo, the choice is yours! Perfect your favorite drink and save the settings by creating your own user profile. Each personalized profile saves up to nine drinks and is recognizable by the selected user icon. Choose a heart if you “heart coffee”, or a shamrock if you’re a lucky lad or lady. No time to program? Easily select a one-touch espresso, espresso lungo, cappuccino, latte macchiato or caffelatte on the go. No matter the preference, the outcome is sure to be delicious.
Features & Functionality of the Saeco Xelsis Evo One Touch Espresso Machine
- Touch Screen Display: Easily add up to six user profiles, with each profile allowing up to 9 customizable drinks. Don't have time to customize? Conveniently select from six one-touch options from the front screen.
- Easy Clean Milk Carafe: Attachable milk container effortlessly froths and steams milk directly into your cup. The swivel arm aligns back with the container for a user-friendly rinse.
- Fast Milk Mode: Selecting this function delivers hot frothed milk in a more timely manner, but also requires more energy and disables the machine’s Ecomode.
- Steam & Hot Water Wand: Alternate between readily available hot water and perfecting your milk frothing skills with this dual purpose wand.
- Water Tank: The removable 54 ounce water tank makes refilling a breeze.
- Double Boiler: With two boilers, the Xelsis will always have hot water ready for whatever your espresso loving heart desires.
- Saeco Brewing System (SBS): With this signature system you’re just a dial turn away from finding your ideal coffee strength and crema.
- Bypass Doser: If your favorite coffee is only available pre-ground, have no fear! Brew your beloved blend using the bypass doser.
- Time Tracker: Personalize up to three separate power-on times when utilizing the calendar setting.
- Special Beverage Option: In addition to the usual cappuccino and espresso shot, choose from hot milk, steam, American coffee or espresso macchiato from the Special Beverage menu.
- Programming: The Xelsis allows you to program the following options (if applicable) for each beverage type: Amount of coffee, pre-infusion length, coffee temperature, coffee length, milk length, milk foam and water length.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Ease of Use||5|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||37.5000|
|Case Material||Plastic with Metal Finish|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||4.50 inches|
|Reservoir Size||54 ounces|
|Steam Wand Type||Both Traditional & Panarello Functionality|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|One-Touch||Yes - Optional, with Steam Wand|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||12 ounces|
Ask a Question
I would suggest going 1-2 notches coarser with your grind setting, and be sure that you're using a medium roast so that you don't clog up your grinder. After you make the change to your grinder, brew about 3-4 cycles before you reevaluate if that setting is working for you. The grinder will need to clear out the mixture of grounds from the old and new settings so that you are 100% on the new setting.
The other suggestion that I would have it to make sure that if you do a pre-ground setting (but don't put any grounds in the bypass doser), do you get clear or tea colored water out of the spouts? If you don't get any water out of the spouts, then the spouts on the front might also be clogged, so you can pull off the spouts, soak them in hot soapy water, and then use a pipe cleaner to clean out both spouts, since this is an area that can be forgotten. :-)
The independent coffee tasting organization Italian Tasters has certified Saeco's Xelsis, Exprelia and Intelia superautomatics as producing Espresso and Cappuccino Perfetto. Learn More.
Warranty Information for the Saeco Xelsis Evo One Touch Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
Saeco espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Saeco|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-933-7876|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Espresso machines only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Saeco Xelsis Evo One Touch Espresso Machine
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Clean and rinse the milk pitcher in soapy water every few days.
- Remove the brew group and spray it down with hot water (no soap!) about once per week. Alternatively, the Xelsis can automatically clean the brew group using Cafiza cleaning tablets.
- Wipe the brushed stainless casing with a damp rag or sponge. Casing can also be cleaned periodically with stainless steel cleaner/polish.
User Manuals for your Saeco Xelsis One Touch Superautomatic
- Saeco Xelsis - Great MachineReview by Salvatore
Quality Price Value
- Awesome machineReview by Amy R
Quality Price Value
We decided to go with this Saeco and have been nothing but pleased. The milk beverages are plenty hot since Saeco redesigned their milk carafe. The functionary is very intuitive and we haven't had any issues with a frozen touch screen like we did with the Delonghi. We're now SCG customers for life and Saeco fans. Do yourself a favor and save several hundred dollars and buy this machine. (Posted on 10/23/2014)