The Saeco Xelsis Evo is the most feature-full superautomatic espresso on the market. Xelsis Evo features a built-in ceramic grinder, all stainless steel casing, 6 programable user profiles - one for each family or office member and a choice of automatic or manual milk frothing options. Each profile can be programmed for a one-touch espresso, espresso lungo, cappuccino, latte macchiato and caffe latte recipe. Recipes can vary the coffee strength, coffee and milk volume and temperature and amount of foam. Not into programming? Each of these can also be selected on the go. No matter your preference, the outcome is sure to be delicious.
Features & Functionality of the Saeco Xelsis Evo One Touch Espresso Machine
- Touch Screen Display: Easily add up to six user profiles, with each profile allowing up to 9 customizable drinks. Don't have time to customize? Conveniently select from six one-touch options from the front screen.
- Easy Clean Milk Carafe: Attachable milk container effortlessly froths and steams milk directly into your cup. The swivel arm aligns back with the container for a user-friendly rinse.
- Fast Milk Mode: Selecting this function delivers hot frothed milk in a more timely manner, but also requires more energy and disables the machine’s Ecomode.
- Steam & Hot Water Wand: Alternate between readily available hot water and perfecting your milk frothing skills with this dual purpose wand.
- Water Tank: The removable 54 ounce water tank makes refilling a breeze.
- Double Boiler: With two boilers, the Xelsis will always have hot water ready for whatever your espresso loving heart desires.
- Saeco Brewing System (SBS): With this signature system you’re just a dial turn away from finding your ideal coffee strength and crema.
- Bypass Doser: If your favorite coffee is only available pre-ground, have no fear! Brew your beloved blend using the bypass doser.
- Time Tracker: Personalize up to three separate power-on times when utilizing the calendar setting.
- Special Beverage Option: In addition to the usual cappuccino and espresso shot, choose from hot milk, steam, American coffee or espresso macchiato from the Special Beverage menu.
- Programming: The Xelsis allows you to program the following options (if applicable) for each beverage type: Amount of coffee, pre-infusion length, coffee temperature, coffee length, milk length, milk foam and water length.
|Height||15.00 inches, additional clearance require to access the water tank from the top of the machine|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||37.5000|
|Case Material||Plastic with Metal Finish|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||4.50 inches|
|Reservoir Size||54 ounces|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||12 ounces|
Ask a Question
May I just make coffee without milk?
May I use ground coffee for this machine?
Can you tell me how much room you need above the unit to get the water container out? Or more specifically, what is the counter to cabinet height clearance required?
Is this measurement the same for the Exprellia Evo? We are deciding between the 2 machines.
I would suggest going 1-2 notches coarser with your grind setting, and be sure that you're using a medium roast so that you don't clog up your grinder. After you make the change to your grinder, brew about 3-4 cycles before you reevaluate if that setting is working for you. The grinder will need to clear out the mixture of grounds from the old and new settings so that you are 100% on the new setting.
The other suggestion that I would have it to make sure that if you do a pre-ground setting (but don't put any grounds in the bypass doser), do you get clear or tea colored water out of the spouts? If you don't get any water out of the spouts, then the spouts on the front might also be clogged, so you can pull off the spouts, soak them in hot soapy water, and then use a pipe cleaner to clean out both spouts, since this is an area that can be forgotten. :-)
The independent coffee tasting organization Italian Tasters has certified Saeco's Xelsis, Exprelia and Intelia superautomatics as producing Espresso and Cappuccino Perfetto. Learn More.
Warranty Information for the Saeco Xelsis Evo One Touch Espresso Machine
|What it Covers:||
Saeco espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Saeco|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-933-7876|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Espresso machines only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Saeco Xelsis Evo One Touch Espresso Machine
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Clean and rinse the milk pitcher in soapy water every few days.
- Remove the brew group and spray it down with hot water (no soap!) about once per week. Alternatively, the Xelsis can automatically clean the brew group using Cafiza cleaning tablets.
- Wipe the brushed stainless casing with a damp rag or sponge. Casing can also be cleaned periodically with stainless steel cleaner/polish.
User Manuals for your Saeco Xelsis One Touch Superautomatic
- Love this MachineReview by Michelle
Price Quality Value
But, I recently returned from Europe and found that my coffee experiences in my home were lacking and I wanted to do something about it.
I have to say that Seattle Coffee Gear's customer service was really good. They were very patient with me while I asked my questions both online and on the phone.
The packaging for the machine was the best. It was heavy, but it arrived without any problems.
One of the reasons I bought this over Jura was that this was almost all stainless steel.
The look is top of the line.
After having used this for over 2 weeks, I have to say, I am extremely happy.
The hopper for the beans, once filled, lasts me at least a week (I make about 3 American sized coffees a day)
The water container has been my only issue as I have to fill it up frequently. There are a few ways to look at it. I have friends who have Keurigs and they complain the water tastes funny if the machine sits for a while without being used. Water sitting in the container long term causes this, so I remember that, and that makes me filling the container up everyday not such an issue. But, not everyone is a positive thinker.
Also, when I had my old coffee maker, I had to fill up each time and add the coffee and filter, so that also makes me less willing to complain.
With 6 user settings, you are sure to please everyone.
My husband drinks coffee a whole lot differently than I do. Once I found out what he liked, I set it and now it is perfect each time.
I admit that I do not know how to use half of what this is capable of, but I do make a lot of American coffee and a cappuccino or cafelatte once in a while.
The set up is pretty quick and I was enjoying a cup of coffee within the half hour.
I am using Lavazza Caffe Espresso coffee in the machine. It is a dryer bean and it makes a great cup of coffee.
The milk is hot when I have used it and the container is easy to connect/disconnect.
Machine runs a cleaning cycle once in a while, so if you leave it on all day, make sure to leave an empty cup under the dispenser so it can catch the water. It is easier to clean than to clean the tray.
It will remind you to empty the grounds and tray. The nice thing is, those coffee grounds are super dry (most water pressed out) so, they come right out of the container pretty easily.
I have not had any issues with it.
The foam is pretty nice too if making a cappucino. As I said, I am a novice when it comes to designer coffee drinks, but one day, after I learn, I will have the machine I will be happy with for years to come.
When I went to register the machine for the warranty, Saeco gave me a 4 year extended warranty just for signing up for future emails. Small price to pay so not necessary to purchase extended warranty. Not sure how long that will last, so check out their website before you decline the warranty from Seattle Coffee Gear.
I did purchase some descaled and another water filter when I made this purchase to save on shipping later down the line.
Totally in love with this machine. I got it on sale and used my 10 percent discount for signing up for emails with Seattle Coffee Gear, so I got the deal of a lifetime!!!! (Posted on 2/15/2016)
- Nice, but needs cleaning oftenReview by Ray
Price Quality Value
Other than that, it brews a decent cup and the cappuccino is very easy. I like the fact that I can program the drink to my own likes. Bought mine from SCG and can't wait to go to Seattle someday to see their store. (Posted on 2/7/2016)
- Saeco Xelsis - Great MachineReview by Salvatore
Price Quality Value
- Awesome machineReview by Amy R
Price Quality Value
We decided to go with this Saeco and have been nothing but pleased. The milk beverages are plenty hot since Saeco redesigned their milk carafe. The functionary is very intuitive and we haven't had any issues with a frozen touch screen like we did with the Delonghi. We're now SCG customers for life and Saeco fans. Do yourself a favor and save several hundred dollars and buy this machine. (Posted on 10/23/2014)