Super high-tech — the Xelsis reads your fingerprint and loads your custom drink profile — and sublimely high-end, Saeco's Refurbished Xelsis One Touch Digital ID Superautomatic is wrapped in polished stainless steel and has an elegant aesthetic that works for any well-designed home or work place setting. The Xelsis features an intuitive touch-screen interface with six user profiles that can each have six custom beverages. (Think of it as sort of your own personal beverage concierge.) The removable milk pitcher can be kept in the refrigerator between uses and we love that the machine automatically cleans itself after each use. To create your own microfoam, the Xelsis has a separate steaming/hot water wand (with no panarello) with extra strong steam pressure, something we have not seen on other superautomatic models we have tested in this category.
There may be variations with the certified refurbished model in features and included items.
Features & Functionality of the Saeco Xelsis One Touch Digital ID
- Animated Color Touch Interface: Select from six user profiles, each with six programmable beverages. The wide easy to read screen allows for simple beverage selection and intuitive set-up.
- Digital ID - Fingerprint Reader: Simply touch the fingerprint at the top of the machine to load you custom drink profile...what could be easier?
- Removable Milk Frothing Carafe with Automatic Cleaning Cycle: External container automatically froths milk into your cup. The top portion of the handle swivels to the left to dispense steamed milk directly into your cup during the brew cycle. When the handle is swiveled back to the container it automatically rinses itself to keep the container clean and clear of any milk clogs.
- Alternate Steaming and Hot Water Wand: The Xelsis has a dedicated hot water and alternate steaming wand with dedicated 2nd boiler for strong steaming power. The stainless steel wand does not include a panarello and is perfect for creating your own micro-foam.
- Removable Water Tank: 54 oz. removable water tank includes an Intenza water filter.
- Double Boiler System: The Xelsis has two stainless steel boilers that ensure there is always water at the right temperature for brewing, steaming, or dispensing hot water.
- Saeco Brewing System (SBS): Allows you to choose the strength and consistency of your coffee by turning a dial.
- Pre-ground Coffee Option: When you want to brew a quick batch of preground coffee, you can use the Xelsis' bipass doser located on the top of the machine.
- Aroma System: The Saeco Aroma System pre-wets your coffee grinds to ensure the best possible coffee extraction. This feature, also known as pre-infusion, can be turned off or on, or lengthened to suit your taste.
- Automatic Turn-on and Energy Save Functions: Your Saeco super automatic can be ready to brew right when you get up. You can also set it to shut down after a certain amount of time, so you never need to worry about wasting power.
- Protective Coffee Bean Hopper: The large coffee bean hopper has an airtight sealed lid with anti-UV coating keeps the bean fresh longer.
|How Does it Compare?||
The Xelsis One Touch Digital ID is the only one of its kind with a steam wand.
|Depth||12.625 inches (without drip tray) | 16.375 inches (with drip tray)|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||45.0000|
|Case Material||Polished Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||4.5 inches|
|Reservoir Size||54 oz|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1 minute and 41 seconds|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||23 seconds|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||12 oz|
Ask a Question
However, using pre-ground coffee is definitely fine. If the coffee is already ground, you can put one level scoop down the bypass doser, then brew away! If you choose to use an oilier bean or a flavored bean like that though, through the bypass doser, then just clean your brew unit a bit more often, so that you don't get any oily build up here too, causing clogging. We have a great video that helps with brew unit cleaning, for a more in-depth cleaning too:
We have a 30 day return policy: https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/scg-return-policy
Unfortunately, we do not have a history on each machine, so they could have had a previous owner, but are typically returned within a store's 30 or 60 day return period. We make sure that everything is working properly, but there could be some minor blemishes or scratches on the machine.
Warranty Information for the Certified Refurbished Saeco Xelsis One Touch Digital ID
|What it Covers:||
SCG's Certified Refurbished Equipment
Including Saeco, Delonghi, Rocket, Rancilio, Francis Francis Refurbished Equipment
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Certified Refurbished Saeco Xelsis One Touch Digital ID
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Clean and rinse the milk pitcher in soapy water every few days.
- Remove the brew group and spray it down with hot water (no soap!) about once per week. Alternatively, the Xelsis can automatically clean the brew group using Cafiza cleaning tablets.
- Wipe the brushed stainless casing with a damp rag or sponge. Casing can also be cleaned periodically with stainless steel cleaner/polish.
User Manuals for your Certified Refurbished Saeco Xelsis Stainless Steel One Touch Superautomatic
Videos Featuring the Certified Refurbished Saeco Xelsis Stainless Steel One Touch Superautomatic
- Great Refirb Deal and Outstanding Customer SupportReview by Salvatore
Price Quality Value
- This is REAL espressoReview by MidtownMemphis
Price Quality Value
- refurb great dealReview by craig
Price Quality Value
It makes a great cup of coffee and I agree with all the pro and con's listen on Amazon. Its a needy machine wanting its drip trays dumped often. This seems to be because it self cleans at the start and stop of each power cycle. I can live with that since a larger tray would undoubtably make the machine larger.
Lots of programmability to make drinks just the way you want. The biggest problem is milk temp. Since I'm using syrup, I've found steaming the syrup before making a drink is effective at elevating the milk temp at the bottom of the glass. I've got the milk accessory kit (smaller hose) on order. Also bought the thermal carrafe for extended counter time during parties. It has the same temp issue, but steaming the syrup worked here as well.
The fingerprint reader is a gimik since its quicker to press the user button to cycle through selections. If nothing else, its a way to impress company. Nice that you can edit the user name and the machine doesn't make one settle for just an icon (who's the ∆ again?)
Make sure to order the service kit to get water filters and extra descaller. You'll need to guess at water hardness since the test strip is not included. Ditto for the milk accessory kit. (Posted on 7/30/2014)