Super high-tech — the Xelsis offers six user profiles that store six custom beverages — and sublimely high-end, Saeco's Refurbished Xelsis One Touch Superautomatic Espresso Machine is wrapped in polished stainless steel and has an elegant aesthetic that we think will work for any well-designed home or work place setting. The Xelsis features an intuitive touch-screen interface and a removable milk pitcher that can be kept in the refrigerator between uses. We love that the machine automatically cleans itself after each use. To create your own microfoam, the Xelsis has a separate steaming/hot water wand (with no panarello) with extra strong steam pressure, something we have not seen on other superautomatic models we have tested in this category.
There may be variations with the certified refurbished model in features and included items.
Features & Functionality of the Saeco Xelsis One Touch Superautomatic
- Animated Color Touch Interface: Select from six user profiles, each with six programmable beverages. The wide easy to read screen allows for simple beverage selection and intuitive set-up.
- Removable Milk Frothing Carafe with Automatic Cleaning Cycle: External container automatically froths milk into your cup. The top portion of the handle swivels to the left to dispense steamed milk directly into your cup during the brew cycle. When the handle is swiveled back to the container it automatically rinses itself to keep the container clean and clear of any milk clogs.
- Alternate Steaming and Hot Water Wand: The Xelsis has a dedicated hot water and alternate steaming wand with dedicated 2nd boiler for strong steaming power. The stainless steel wand does not include a panarello and is perfect for creating your own micro-foam.
- Removable Water Tank: 54 oz. removable water tank includes an Intenza water filter.
- Double Boiler System: The Xelsis has two stainless steel boilers that ensure there is always water at the right temperature for brewing, steaming, or dispensing hot water.
- Saeco Brewing System (SBS): Allows you to choose the strength and consistency of your coffee by turning a dial.
- Pre-ground Coffee Option: When you want to brew a quick batch of preground coffee, you can use the Xelsis' bipass doser located on the top of the machine.
- Aroma System: The Saeco Aroma System pre-wets your coffee grinds to ensure the best possible coffee extraction. This feature, also known as pre-infusion, can be turned off or on, or lengthened to suit your taste.
- Automatic Turn-on and Energy Save Functions: Your Saeco super automatic can be ready to brew right when you get up. You can also set it to shut down after a certain amount of time, so you never need to worry about wasting power.
- Protective Coffee Bean Hopper: The large coffee bean hopper has an airtight sealed lid with anti-UV coating keeps the bean fresh longer.
|How Does it Compare?||
TheRefurbished Saeco Xelsis One Touch Superautomatic is the only one of its kind with a steam wand.
|Depth||12.625 inches (without drip tray) | 16.375 inches (with drip tray)|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||45.0000|
|Case Material||Polished Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||4.5 inches|
|Reservoir Size||54 oz|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1 minute and 41 seconds|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||23 seconds|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||12 oz|
Ask a Question
The Xelsis will have a slightly larger size overall, can be programmed for each button up to 6 different users, and while it's nice to have the milk carafe, the temperature that it will steam and froth to is slightly lower, at 110 degrees. The Exprelia Evo, on the other hand, will have a little bit smaller footprint, and you can program each button just once. The temperature of the milk from the milk carafe is slightly warmer, although for many people is still on the cool side at 118 degrees.
What is a Refurbished Machine?
Generally, it's equipment that was used as a demo model in our retail store or was returned to us or the manufacturer. These machines could have had a fair amount of use.
Our in-house refurbishing team takes the machines apart, rebuilds and replaces parts as needed, repairs, tests and then thoroughly cleanses the equipment.
Refurbished gear will most likely not include the original manufacturer packaging and may not include any non-essential manufacturer-provided accessories. Consumable items included with new equipment (such as water filters or hardness testing strips) will not be included.
Because this equipment is used, there may be aesthetic or cosmetic blemishes that cannot be repaired during refurbishment.
Breville: This equipment is refurbished at Breville's factory and supported by a 6 month warranty directly through them.
Jura Capresso: These machines are factory refurbished by Jura and are covered by a 1 year warranty directly through them.
Seattle Coffee Gear: We refurbish an array of machines at our refurbishing center and offer a 6 month warranty on them directly through us.
Warranty Information for the Refurbished Saeco Xelsis One Touch Superautomatic
|What it Covers:||
SCG's Certified Refurbished Equipment
Including Saeco, Delonghi, Rocket, Rancilio, Francis Francis Refurbished Equipment
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Refurbished Saeco Xelsis One Touch Superautomatic
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Clean and rinse the milk pitcher in soapy water every few days.
- Remove the brew group and spray it down with hot water (no soap!) about once per week. Alternatively, the Xelsis can automatically clean the brew group using Cafiza cleaning tablets.
- Wipe the brushed stainless casing with a damp rag or sponge. Casing can also be cleaned periodically with stainless steel cleaner/polish.