Is coffee or water pouring over the top edge of your portafilter while pulling a shot? Are you having a hard time keeping your brew screen clean? Does your pump sound like it's working harder than normal? These are all signs that you need to tune-up your E61 Brew Group Brew Head.
A Little Background Knowledge:
- Your E61 Brew Head Gasket is responsible for making the seal on the top edge of your portafilter when pulling a shot, while your E61 Brew Head Shower Screen has a tendency to build up coffee residue. Built-up residue will create another obstacle for your pump which can negatively affect your pump's lifespan.
- The 0.5mm spacer is included in this kit, because your E61 Brew Group and your portafilter could have a certain amount of wear and tear that you are unaware of. Both the E61 Brew Group and your portafilter are made out of chrome plated brass. Eventually, the portafilter locking channels in your E61 Brew Group and the portafilter 'ears' on the portafilter begin to wear away. The result of this is a very small amount of extra space in your brew head.
- How do you know you need to use the spacer? After you've installed your new 8mm brew head gasket, does the portafilter need to go past 6 o'clock (pointing directly at you, which is preferred by most users) to make a seal? Do you need to turn the portafilter farther to the right to make a seal? This means your E61 Group Head and your portafilter are experiencing natural wear and tear. Next time, we suggest purchasing the Seattle Coffee Gear E61 Tune-Up Kit with 8.5mm Gasket. You will no longer need a spacer!
Get your machine back to working order with these four simple parts!
- (1) 8mm Brew Head Gasket
- (1) Brew Head Shower Screen
- (1) 0.5mm Spacer
- (1) 1 tablet of Cafiza for cleaning
|Manufacturer||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||1.0000|
Ask a Question
Have suggestions on what you'd like to see here? Send us an email!