Ascaso I-Mini Espresso Grinder
Compact and capable, the Ascaso I-Mini I1 offers high quality grinds in an adorable footprint. Equipped with 54mm flat steel burrs and a stepless worm-dial adjust, the simple, uncluttered design ensures easy operation for the home barista. And with a sturdy aluminum build and petite proportions, the I-mini will look great on any kitchen counter.
- 54mm Flat Burrs - Hardened steel burrs and a solid brass burr holder offer consistent grinds from pour over to espresso fineness.
- Stepless Grind Adjust - A stepless grinder adjustment thumb dial offers near-infinite settings, making the I-mini particularly well-suited for dialing-in espresso shots.
- Small Proportions - Measuring in at a compact 4.75 inches wide and 13 inches tall, the I-Mini lives up to its namesake.
- Aluminum Case - Sturdy aluminum casing, available in textured black or polished finishes, is sure to withstand the rigors of a busy kitchen.
- Affordable - Stepless adjustments, 54mm flat burrs and a solid metal case are features not easily found at this price point.
- Teeny Tiny - This pint-sized bean pulverizer makes a perfect small-space match with the Dream Up or the Basic.
- Stepless - Our test unit came in nearly perfectly dialed-in out of the box (always a nice surprise), and while the adjustment knob was a little tight, adjustments were easy and we saw no grind drift.
- Aluminum Case - The solid aluminum case gives the grinder a reassuring weight and feel when in use.
- Basic - The I-mini offers few of the features we've grown accustomed to in more expensive grinders. The hopper has no bean gate for easy cleaning, and there is no continuous mode or timed dose functionality either.
- Clumpy - Small clumps are noticeable at the fine end of the espresso range, and tend to disperse in slow bursts from the grounds chute.
How Does it Compare?
The I-Mini comes in two versions, the I1 and I2. The I1 sports a 54mm flat burr with a solid brass burr holder, while the cheaper I2 has a plastic burr holder with small 38mm conical burrs. We've had much better experience with the larger, flat burrset for espresso.
Care and Maintenance
- Wipe out hopper every time you change beans.
- Run a grinder cleaning product like Grindz through the I-Mini monthly (especially if you love your dark roasts!)
- Model NumberI1
- Width4.75 inches
- Depth8.5 inches
- Height13 inches
- Certified to NSF/ANSI StandardsNo
- Bean Hopper Capacity9.5 oz
- Adjustment ConfigurationStepless - Infinite Settings
- Grinder StyleBurr - Flat Steel
- Burr Diameter54 mm
- MaterialMetal and Plastic
Founded in 1962 by Jesus Ascaso, Ascaso has garnered acclaim for their high-performing espresso hardware. Combining retro style with functional engineering, Ascaso espresso machines optimize all aspects of production to craft great-tasting espresso in a matter of seconds. If you’re looking for a genuine Spanish espresso maker, Ascaso is a great choice.Check out our line of Ascaso espresso machines here at Seattle Coffee Gear Today!