Beginner baristas get in line, the Baratza Sette 30 AP raises the bar for entry-level espresso. Packed with technology made famous in the Sette 270 and 270W, the Sette 30 brings consistent espresso grinds without breaking the bank. A high speed, low retention grind setup (perfect for single dosing), easily removable burr set, and timed dosing lets you skip the setup and get right to your morning grind. And with 30 different grind settings to choose from, your shots will be easy to dial in and easier to repeat for a second cup.
Beginner: Stepped grind adjustments and simple controls help anyone get grinding.
Intermediate: Grinders offering accurate grind controls and programmable dosing for daily coffee drinkers.
Expert: Stepless grind adjustments and pro-barista features make these the top of the line in coffee grinding.Intermediate
Manual: Manually grind your just-right dose.
Timed: Set a grind time for automatic dosing.
Programmable: Program multiple grind times for extra drink options.
By Weight: A built-in scale weighs coffee as it grinds for a perfect dose.Timed
Espresso: Designed for precision grinds at fine settings just for espresso.
Coffee: Consistent at coarser grind settings for slow brew coffee methods (no unpressurized espresso baskets).
Espresso and Coffee: Capable of consistent grinding in both espresso and slow brew ranges.Espresso
Stepped: Notched, labeled settings for easy adjustability and repeatability.
Stepless: Precision stepless adjustment allows for micro-changes to grind size.Stepped
- Low Retention Grind Path: A unique straight-through grind path drops grounds directly into the container.
- Outer Burr: This is achieved by a spinning the outer burr instead of the inner, creating a natural siphon that speeds up grind time.
- Espresso-ready: Now packed with the Sette AP burr, this grinder is an excellent choice for beginners starting their home espresso journey.
- High-speed Grind: We clocked an 18-gram double shot at just over 5 seconds.
- Stepped Grind Adjust: With 30 dedicated settings for espresso grinding, it's easy to set (and reset) your grind consistency between cleanings.
- Hopper Stopper: The 10-ounce hopper's dedicated locking mechanism makes it easy to remove without wasting any beans.
- Affordable: An espresso grinder this capable is near unheard-of at this pricepoint.
- Grind Consistency: Espresso grounds were fast, fluffy and effectively clump-free.
- Easy-cleaning: Being able to pop out the burr without tools makes cleaning a dream.
- Loud: Just like the 270 and 270W, the pitch of the motor and the burrs isn't the most pleasing sound in the world.
- Portafilter Arms: The portafilter holder lacks a top hook, meaning you'll always have to hold the portafilter if grinding directly.
How Does it Compare?
The Sette 30 gives up some of the niceties of the 270 to get to this pricepoint, including the stepless micro adjustment ring, adjustable portafilter arms, and multiple timed-dose settings.
Few companies can balance quality and affordability quite like Baratza. Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, Baratza continues to improve and innovate while also leading the industry in customer focus and support. Baratza’s catalog of grinders includes everything from simple, efficient drip coffee grinders all the way up to precise and powerful per-shot espresso grinders. Featuring technology like grind to weight and a range of burr sizes and styles, there’s a Baratza for everyone.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Bean Hopper Capacity
Timer - up to 60 sec
Stepped - Macro Settings Only
Burr - Conical Steel
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including Chromium, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or reproductive harm. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
What it Covers: Grinders
Length: 1 Year
Who Supports the Warranty: Baratza
Warranty Contact Information: 877-701-2021
Notes: Baratza has excellent troubleshooting resources on their website. If you're experiencing an issue with your grinder, definitely look here first.
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? No, Tune-up Only read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
- Remove burr and sweep out grinds weekly
- Wipe out hopper and grounds bin before refilling
Compare Similar Machines
|Baratza Sette 270 Grinder||Eureka Mignon Notte Espresso Grinder||Breville Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Grinder|
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepped - Macro and Micro Settings||Stepless - Infinite Settings|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||10 ounces||12 oz||1 pound|
|Depth||9.5 inches||5.5 inches||8.50 inches|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Conical Steel||Burr - Flat Steel||Burr - Conical Steel|
|Height||15.75 inches||13.8 inches||15.25 inches|
|Recommended For||Espresso||Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over||Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Drip Coffee|
|Width||5.25 inches||5 inches||6.25 inches|