Breville's focus on user experience shines through with the new Breville Barista Pro. A strong update to the renowned Barista Express, the Barista Pro brings better usability in a sleek and shiny new case. At the center of the new 'pro' moniker lies Breville's new ThermoJet heating system. Heat-up time is greatly improved over their earlier machines—greatly reducing the delay between brewing and steaming. This improved workflow moves you from shot prep to latte art faster than any machine at its pricepoint. Other improvements include a backlit digital screen that provides grind and shot times, a redesigned hot water spout, and a curvier, polished steel backsplash and case.
Beginner: Simple controls and forgiving pressurized baskets help new users brew better.
Intermediate: For the daily barista looking for finer shot controls and higher machine quality.
Expert: For the espresso enthusiast who needs premium components and cutting-edge brew features.Intermediate
Manual: Manual dosing and steaming puts drink quality in your hands.
Moderate: Espresso programming adds consistency to every drink you make.
Automatic: Automated brewing and steaming make espresso even easier.Moderate
Compact: 8" Width or less
Mid-Size: 8-12" Width
Full-Size: 12" Width or moreMid-Size
Single Boiler: A single boiler handles both brewing and steaming.
Double Boiler: Dedicated brew and steam boilers allow for increased consistency.
Thermoblock: A quick-heating boiler alternative for faster warm-up times.
Heat Exchanger: Flash-heated brew water and a large steam boiler lets you brew and steam simultaneously.
Boiler+Thermoblock: A traditional boiler for brewing with a thermoblock for instant steaming.
Double Thermoblock: Two dedicated thermoblocks offer instant brewing and steaming.Thermoblock
- Built-in Grinder: The Barista Pro's built-in grinder helps keep your countertop cafe contained in a small, single package.
- ThermoJet Heating Element: Significantly faster to heat than Breville's older thermocoil design, steaming is now almost instantaneous.
- Digital Control: A backlit digital display gives you clear control over grind size, time, shots and menu settings.
- Programmable Shot Control: Program shots volumetrically for accurate espresso, every time.
- Convenient Baskets: The Barista Pro includes both pressurized and non-pressurized baskets—making it useable for novices and enthusiasts alike.
- Hot Water Spout: An angled hot water spout dispenses directly into the cup for on-demand tea or americanos.
- All-in-one: The Barista Pro continues the line in excellent combo machines from Breville. The compact nature of a combo machine and grinder makes it an easy choice for those with limited space in their kitchen.
- Design Refresh: Brighter, cleaner, and faster than the original Barista Express, the Barista Pro elevates Breville's everything machine to new heights.
- Speedy Steam: The new thermocoil system narrows the gap between entry-level machines and more expensive HX and dual boiler designs. A virtually nonexistent delay between brewing and steaming makes workflow significantly better than other machines at this pricepoint.
- Still Messy: The downside to a combo machine, the shared drip tray below grinder and brewer excels at creating a hard-to-clean coffee sludge. Similarly, the new polished backsplash looks great—when not covered in espresso. Clean early and often.
Tips and Tricks
Setting your grind time to half-dose lets you pause and distribute your portafilter, minimizing grounds in your drip tray.
Breville’s range of espresso machines, drip brewers, and grinders seek to make gourmet coffee easier in the home. From the perfect starter espresso machine to smart, powerful brewers, Breville brings something for everyone. Founded in 1932, Breville is known for producing espresso machines, drip brewers, and grinders that embrace usability without sacrificing performance.
Low Stock Message
Hurry! Only %x left in stock.
16 inches (with portafilter)
Product Weight (lbs.)
Temperature, Shot Time
Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum
Pressurized and Non-Pressurized, Pressurized
Warm Up: Brew Time
Metal and Plastic
What it Covers: Breville espresso machines, grinders and blenders
Length: 2 Years (Covers Oracle Touch, Oracle, Dual Boiler, Dynamic Duo, Barista Touch, Barista Pro, Bambino Plus, and Precision Brewers), 1 Year (Covers Bambino, Smart Grinder Pro, and Milk Cafe)
Who Supports the Warranty: Breville USA
Warranty Contact Information: 866-273-8455
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? Yes (Espresso Machines Only)
Can SCG Repair? Yes Read more about our repair services.
Note: Please register your product with Breville for warranty support.
Care and Maintenance
- Wash out drip tray regularly.
- Remove hopper and clean out burrs every 2-3 months, or use a product like grindz
- Backflush with water weekly; and with detergent monthly
Compare Similar Machines
|Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine||DeLonghi La Specialista Espresso Machine||Breville Barista Touch Espresso Machine|
As low as $775
|Auto Shut Off||No||Yes||Yes|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler||Thermoblock||Thermocoil|
|Boiler Material||Brass||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum|
|Boiler Volume||12 ounces|
|Cup Clearance||3 inches||4.5 inches||4 inches|
|Depth||11.0 inches||18 inches with portafilter||12.5 inches|
|Height||13.5 inches||17.5 inches||16 inches|
|Programmability||Temperature, Dose, Shot Time||Temperature, Dose, Custom Drinks, Favorites, Shot Time, Milk Temperature, Milk Foam|
|Reservoir Size||67 ounces||2 liters||67 oz|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||3:30 minutes||28 seconds||43 seconds|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||9.5 inches||15 inches||15.5 inches|