Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
Looking for a home espresso machine built like the real deal? Look no further than the Rancilio Silvia. Designed after some of the most iconic commercial machines to grace a bartop, the Silvia packs in durability, reliability, and vintage charm into a footprint about the size of a sheet of paper. This single boiler workhorse stands out at its pricepoint with sturdy steel casing, burly brass components and all-manual operation. The Silvia also manages must-have functionality like a 3-way solenoid, a standard 58mm portafilter, and easy access internals for maintenance and repair. The Siliva's focus on long-lasting service is just one reason it has remained largely unchanged in its decades-long run.
Looking for the Silvia PID? Click Here.
- Classic Espresso - The Silvia has been in production for over 20 years—making it one of the most stable espresso platforms on the market.
- Single Boiler - The single 12-ounce brass boiler serves both brew and steam temperatures.
- Steel Case - The Silvia's steel case offers sturdy service and fits in any decor.
- Professional Components - Built with the same exacting care as Rancilio's commercial lineup, you can rely on the Silvia to pull shot-after-shot for as long as you need.
- 3-Way Solenoid - A dedicated group solenoid helps purge excess pressure, preventing portafilter 'sneezes' and allowing for backflushing.
- Compact Case - The Silvia's 9.5"x11" base and 13 inch height makes it suited for the smallest of spaces.
- Built to Last - Thanks to the Silvia's robust simplicity, you can find many decades-old working examples still in use today.
- Primer - The Silvia Will teach you everything you ever needed to know about making espresso.
- Good Espresso - With a little practice, the Silvia will brew an excellent shot, cappuccino, or latte.
- Touchy - Sturdy and simple, yes—but the Silvia's wide temperature swings and unrestricted flow rate make it a challenge to operate for beginners.
- Hot Water Woes - The Silvia does not come with a hot water wand for tea or Americanos.
- How Does it Compare?
Tips and Tricks
We recommend steaming first, then brewing for better milk drinks.
What it Covers: Rancilio home espresso machines and grinders
Length: 1 year parts and labor (Silvia and Rocky)
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? Yes (Silvia and Silvia Pro only)
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
- Fit blind basket and backflush with water daily
- Backflush every other week using a detergent like Cafiza.
- Ensure water softness or use filtered water before filling machine
Product Weight (lbs.)
Pressurized, Non-Pressurized, Bottomless
Warm Up: Brew Time
Yes - with adaptation
Auto Shut Off
Founded by Roberto Rancilio in 1927, Rancilio has long been an authority in the espresso world. The brewers and grinders built by this brand present a great starting point for a home espresso set up. Their home machines are easy to get started on, but with some practice and care you’ll be producing café quality beverages from the comfort of your kitchen.
Compare Similar Machines
|Crossland Coffee CC1 V 2.0 Espresso Machine||Ascaso Dream Espresso Machine||Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine|
$648 Regular Price $750
|Auto Shut Off||No||Yes|
|Available Portafilters||Non-Pressurized, Bottomless||Pressurized and Non-Pressurized, E.S.E Pods||Pressurized and Non-Pressurized|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler and ThermoBlock||Thermoblock||Thermocoil|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum|
|Boiler Volume||17 ounces|
|Cup Clearance||4.0 inches||3.5 inches||4 inches|
|Depth||12.00 inches||13.75 inches with portafilter||12 inches|
|Height||15.50 inches (with cup rail)||13.5 inches||16 inches|
|Programmability||Temperature, PID, Profiles, Pre-infusion, Shot Time||Temperature, Dose, Shot Time|
|Reservoir Size||68 ounces||48 ounces||67 oz|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||9:11||5 minutes||1 minute|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||10.00 inches (with steam knob)||10 inches||13.25 inches|