Bonavita Metropolitan Coffee Maker
Out with the old, in with the brew! The Bonavita Metropolitan improves on Bonavita's classic coffee maker design—at a more affordable price. Built to the same exacting specs of Bonavita's SCAA-rated brewer—198? to 204? brew temperature, a full-size grounds basket, and brew time under 8 minutes—the Metropolitan adds rails for the brew basket and a one-piece case for a more streamlined user experience. Available in glass carafe versions only, the Metropolitan also sports a calibrated hot plate with a 40-minute timer and an optional pre-infusion mode before brewing.
- Just Right Heat - Our (admittedly basic) temperature tests put the Metropolitan right at an ideal 199? at the spray arm.
- On-rails Basket - The flat bottom brew basket now slides on rails built into the brewer.
- Glass Carafe - The Metropolitan includes a glass carafe for those sensitive to stainless steel flavors.
- (Not Too) Hot Plate - A calibrated hot plate keeps coffee at a not-too-hot 185? for 40 minutes before shutting off.
- Optional Pre-infusion - Just like most Bonavita brewers, press-and-hold the toggle to activate a 15 second bloom at the start of your brew cycle.
- Spray Arm - The spray arm offers wide coverage over the brew basket, and is easy to level out for even flow.
- Clean Case - While the all-plastic case was undoubtedly a choice to reduce price, the Metropolitan actually looks a lot sleeker next to the mixed-medium case of the regular Bonavita.
- Basket Rails! - We've only been asking forever. Now the basket stays with the brewer.
- Glass Carafe - If you're sensitive to stainless steel flavors from regular carafes, the glass carafe is a nice choice (its easier to clean too!).
- No Frills - At its heart, the Metropolitan is still a very basic design. No timer or temp programming, no auto drip stop and no built-in water filters or descale warning lights.
Tips and Tricks
Lazy pour over lovers rejoice! The Metropolitan's 9.5-inch clearance (from hot plate to spray arm) is tall enough to accommodate a 10-Cup Chemex.
What it Covers: Coffee makers, Kettles, Scales & Pour over stands?
Length: 1 Year (Kettles, Scales, Metropolitan and Connoisseur Drip Brewers), 2 Years (BV1500TS and BV1900TS Drip Brewers)
Who Supports the Warranty: Bonavita. Warranty covers manufacturer defects only, carafes are not covered unless they arrive with cracks or defects.
Warranty Contact Information: 855-664-1252 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Care and Maintenance
- Clean carafe after every use.
- Use filtered water, or descale brewer every 2-3 months depending on usage.
- Wipe down hot plate and case with a soft rag as needed.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Auto Shut Off
Max/Min Ounces per Pot
40 oz max
Warm Up: Brew Time
In terms of reliable performance, innovative features and quality coffee at the end of each brew, there are few better hardware companies to have on your counter than Bonavita. Committed to crafting excellent machines that make the coffee brewing process easy and intuitive, Bonavita understands that great coffee comes from a great process. When it comes to user-friendliness, this brand is second to none. Here at Seattle Coffee Gear, we are proud to carry an extensive selection of Bonavita coffee hardware.