Built for and by coffee lovers, Technivorm’s Grand CD has been designed to create high quality coffee that will live up to this machines' Grand title. Created with smaller offices and larger households in mind, the Grand CD’s 64 ounce water reservoir will brew a full pot of coffee in approximately 8 minutes while maintaining the ideal temperature range of 196?F - 205?F. If you like to sip and savor your coffee carefree, you’ll enjoy the well crafted details of this brewer such as its glass carafe with heating element, and its auto-off functionality. This ensures your coffee will be kept hot, but the machine will turn itself off after two hours–allowing you to set it and forget it. The Grand CD is also built with a copper boiler and shower head so that water is dispersed evenly over your coffee, at a consistently high temperature. Make coffee you love, now shareable with the whole office!
- Gold Standard Temperature: As with all Technivorm brewers, the Grand CDT brews at the optimal temperature range of 196?F - 205?F, a temperature certified by of the ECBC/SCAE/SCAA to create the tastiest flavors.
- Shower-Head Water Dispersion: Features a 9 hole shower-head which seamlessly overlays heated water across your coffee grounds to produce a balanced and even extraction.
- Durable and Replaceable Parts: The Grand CD features a durable copper heating element, as well as a heavy-duty metal housing that ensures this brewer is built to last. In addition, each of its removable external parts can easily be replaced.
- Large Water Reservoir: The water tank features a maximum amount of 64 ounces, which produces about 54 ounces of freshly brewed coffee. Dare we say... enough to fuel a tiny army?
- Auto-Off: The Grand coffee brewer automatically turns off after 2 hours, allowing you the convenience of walking away without need to worry.
- Mid-Brew Interrupt: No need to wait for the full pot to finish before grabbing your personal cup. The carafe sensor, located just under the grinds basket, will automatically close your stream of coffee whenever the carafe is in use.
- Gold Standard Coffee - One of the few coffee makers out there that will consistently brew at 200?F – a temperature certified by the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America) to create premium flavors.
- Copper Material - Designed for optimal heat distribution from the boiler to the grounds basket, the use of copper material will maintain stronger flavors and comes with the added bonus of increased durability and longevity for your machine.
- Replaceable Parts - Almost all of the different pieces that come with this brewer are detachable and can easily be replaced. This, coupled with its five year warranty, highlight how Technivorm's are really built to last.
- Temperature Control - Keep your coffee piping hot with the hot plates' highest temperature setting, or set it to a bit lower for temperatures maintaining consistent flavors within a range of 175?F - 185?F
- No Internal Clock - Many modern coffee machines come with internal clocks that will brew coffee for you in the morning - but often that also means having to leave your ground coffee out overnight! It may be less convenient to take these steps in the morning when you wake up, but the taste of your morning coffee will outshine the process.
- Glass Carafe..? - What's this! Isn't that a pro? We think so. But we also know that both a heating element and a stainless steel carafe can effect the outcome of your coffee flavors, so it may take some experimentation to decide on the style of carafe you really prefer.
How Does it Compare?
Click here to check out the thermal carafe version which features an insulated carafe to keep your coffee hot without use of a burner.
What it Covers: Technivorm coffee makers
Length: 5 Years
Who Supports the Warranty: Technivorm USA
Warranty Contact Information: 1-855-662-2200
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? No
Care and Maintenance
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2 - 3 months. We recommend using Dezcal or Cleancaf for descaling
- Clean the water tank and lid regularly
- Soap out the inside of the carafe and brew basket on a regular basis. Use Cleancaf if necessary to remove any coffee stains or residue.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Auto Shut Off
Max/Min Ounces per Pot
Warm Up: Brew Time
Every Technivorm is hand built in Holland using the same proven techniques that the company has been perfecting for 50 years. Technivorms are more than just their look and the coffee they brew. These machines last decades, built with high quality parts to an exacting standard. From highly accurate temperature control to a range of size and carafe type options, we’re sure there’s a perfect Technivorm for you.