Designed with care and finesse in the Netherlands, the Technivorm Moccamaster KB741 has been refined over 50 years to extract every nuanced flavor from your fresh ground coffee. Featuring some of Technivorms' most innovative ideas including the use of a copper boiler for even heat distribution throughout the brew process; a glass carafe and warming plate with temperature control switch; and a brew through lid which protects the coffee's heat as it is transported from grinds container to carafe. In addition, the KB741 is one of the few coffee makers certified by the Specialty Coffee Association of America to brew within the optimal temperatures of 198? and 204°. With details crafted for the highest quality extraction down to the very last drop, Technivorm's KB741 will boost your coffee experience up to its highest level in taste.
- Gold Standard Coffee - One of the few coffee makers out there that will consistently brew at 200?F – a temperature certified by the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America) to create premium flavors.
- Even Extraction - Designed to evenly spread water over your coffee grounds for skillfully balanced flavors. This efficient brewing cycle is completed in five to six minutes.
- Brew-Stop and Auto-Off - Easily stop the flow of coffee by closing the valve on the grinds container. Also, if you hear the machine click off, that wasn't a ghost! The KB741 automatically turns itself off after two hours.
- Copper Boiler - Designed for optimal heat distribution inside the boiler, the use of a copper material boiler comes with the added bonus of increased durability and longevity for your machine.
- Easy Filter Options - Uses #4 filters, made accessible through the reusable Swiss Gold cone filter or disposable paper filters
- Water Level - Made in the Netherlands, the Moccamaster KB741 measures its cup sizes a little bit (1.75 oz.) smaller than the US standard cup of coffee.
- Hot Hot Heat - One of the few coffee makers that brews at an optimal 200?F and is certified by the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America).
- Great Tasting Coffee - Coffee tastes 'sooooo' much better when brewed at the correct temperature, and with the right equipment! With this level of attention to detail, you can taste the difference.
- Sturdy Build - This is one of the most durable and best quality coffee brewers we have ever tested, clearly built to last.
- No Internal Clock - Many modern coffee machines come with internal clocks that will brew coffee for you in the morning - but often that also means having to leave your ground coffee out overnight too! It may be less convenient to take these steps in the morning when you wake up, but the taste of your morning coffee will outshine the process.
- Industrial Design - We’ve heard it before, and we’ll hear it again: "What even is that weird pillar thing under the water tank?!" Although it may appear to be unutilized space–in truth, that’s where the copper boiler is kept. Practical application aside, many people feel that this tall pillar looks a bit out of place.
How Does it Compare?
The KB741 comes equipped with a long, long list of Technivorms' coolest design ideas. But not all of their models include each of these bells and whistles. For example, if you'd prefer a single serving pot–Click here to check out the Cup-One version.
A Note About Coffee & Cups
Let us break it down for you: Although 8 ounces equals a cup in the baking world, a US cup of coffee is measured at 6 ounces and a European cup of coffee is measured at 4.25 ounces. This is why we sometimes list ounces to paint a more accurate picture of capacity.
What it Covers: Technivorm coffee makers
Length: 5 Years
Who Supports the Warranty: Technivorm USA
Warranty Contact Information: 1-855-662-2200
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? No
Care and Maintenance
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2 - 3 months. We recommend using Dezcal or Cleancaf for descaling
- Clean the water tank and lid regularly
- Soap out the inside of the kettle and brew basket on a regular basis. Use Cleancaf if necessary to remove an coffee stains or residue.
Articles Related to the Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Maker
Product Weight (lbs.)
Auto Shut Off
Max/Min Ounces per Pot
Warm Up: Brew Time
Every Technivorm is hand built in Holland using the same proven techniques that the company has been perfecting for 50 years. Technivorms are more than just their look and the coffee they brew. These machines last decades, built with high quality parts to an exacting standard. From highly accurate temperature control to a range of size and carafe type options, we’re sure there’s a perfect Technivorm for you.