Technivorm Moccamaster KBGT741 Thermal Coffee Maker - Brushed Stainless
It's a tower of Technivorm goodness! The KBGT741 is a Moccamaster model with good looks and great features. The KBGT741 comes with an integrated auto-stop filter basket, allowing you to remove the carafe from the machine while it is still brewing. Its thermal carafe keeps brewed coffee piping hot and at the ready, and the internal copper materials of this machine will maintain brew temperatures as water is transferred throughout the brewing process. Designed and imported directly from the Netherlands, this machine has been crafted with care to produce delicious high quality flavors in your personal home brew.
- Brewing Temperature - Water temperature rises to 198-205?F for brewing, with a holding temperature of 176-185?F to ensure consistently delicious flavors.
- Even Extraction - Designed to evenly spread water over your coffee grounds for skillfully balanced flavors. This efficient brewing cycle is completed in five to six minutes.
- Durable and Replaceable Parts - Built with a copper boiler, backed by a five year warranty, and sold alongside easily replaceable parts so that your machine can be maintained for years to come.
- Easy Filter Options - Uses #4 filters, made accessible through the reusable Swiss Gold cone filter or disposable paper filters
- Water Level - Made in the Netherlands, the Moccamaster KBGT741 measures its cup sizes a little bit (1.75 oz.) smaller than the US standard cup of coffee.
- Pre-Infusion - The KBGT741 is uniquely designed to automatically pre-infuse your coffee grounds, which will extract your coffee's most delicious flavor notes.
- Gold Standard Coffee - Coffee tastes 'sooooo' much better when brewed at the correct temperature, and with the right equipment! With this level of attention to detail, you can taste the difference.
- Hot Hot Heat - One of the few coffee makers out there that will consistently brew at 200?F – a temperature certified by the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America) to create premium flavors.
- Copper Boiler - Designed for optimal heat distribution inside the boiler, the use of a copper material boiler comes with the added bonus of increased durability and longevity for your machine.
- No Internal Clock - Many modern coffee machines come with internal clocks that will brew coffee for you in the morning - but often that also means having to leave your ground coffee out overnight too! It may be less convenient to take these steps in the morning when you wake up, but the taste of your morning coffee will outshine the process.
- No Pot Size Selection - In spite of all its other great qualities, the ability select for half a pot, or to close off the coffee stream completely is important to a lot of people - and the grinds container on the KBGT741 does not come with that functionality. If that sounds like a deal breaker, check out the Technivorm Moccamaster KBT741!
How Does it Compare?
The KBGT741 is most comparable to the Technivorm Moccamaster KBT741, which offers the unique ability to brew half a pot at a time, or even stop your coffee stream altogether, due to an open/close valve located on the grinds container. Both of these models come with a mid-brew interrupting sensor, as well as stainless steel carafes and the capacity for 10 cups. In contrast, the the Technivorm Moccamaster KB741 provides all these features and uses a glass carafe with heating element.
A Note About Coffee & Cups
Let us break it down for you: Although 8 ounces equals a cup in the baking world, a US cup of coffee is measured at 6 ounces and a European cup of coffee is measured at 4.25 ounces. This is why we sometimes list ounces to paint a more accurate picture of capacity.
Tips and Tricks
Water really does make a difference. Always use filtered water to make drip coffee taste better.
What it Covers: Technivorm coffee makers
Length: 5 Years
Who Supports the Warranty: Technivorm USA
Warranty Contact Information: 1-855-662-2200
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? No
Care and Maintenance
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2 - 3 months. We recommend using Dezcal or Cleancaf for descaling
- Clean the water tank and lid regularly
- Soap out the inside of the kettle and brew basket on a regular basis. Use Cleancaf if necessary to remove an coffee stains or residue.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Auto Shut Off
Max/Min Ounces per Pot
42 ounces maximum
Warm Up: Brew Time
Every Technivorm is hand built in Holland using the same proven techniques that the company has been perfecting for 50 years. Technivorms are more than just their look and the coffee they brew. These machines last decades, built with high quality parts to an exacting standard. From highly accurate temperature control to a range of size and carafe type options, we’re sure there’s a perfect Technivorm for you.