Spanish design meets convenient technology with the Ascaso Steel Duo Espresso Machine. Built to elevate your home espresso experience, the Steel Duo brings dual thermoblocks and PID temperature control in a classic stainless steel package. Equipped with PID temperature control for highly consistent espresso temperatures, the Steel Duo's screen also offers access to volumetric shot programming, shot timers, and programmable pre-infusion. Other pro-espresso niceties like an adjustable OPV and multiple basket options make the Steel Duo an excellent addition to any kitchen.
Beginner: Simple controls and forgiving pressurized baskets help new users brew better.
Intermediate: For the daily barista looking for finer shot controls and higher machine quality.
Expert: For the espresso enthusiast who needs premium components and cutting-edge brew features.Intermediate
Manual: Manual dosing and steaming puts drink quality in your hands.
Moderate: Espresso programming adds consistency to every drink you make.
Automatic: Automated brewing and steaming make espresso even easier.Moderate
Compact: 8" Width or less
Mid-Size: 8-12" Width
Full-Size: 12" Width or moreFull-Size
Single Boiler: A single boiler handles both brewing and steaming.
Double Boiler: Dedicated brew and steam boilers allow for increased consistency.
Thermoblock: A quick-heating boiler alternative for faster warm-up times.
Heat Exchanger: Flash-heated brew water and a large steam boiler lets you brew and steam simultaneously.
Boiler+Thermoblock: A traditional boiler for brewing with a thermoblock for instant steaming.
Double Thermoblock: Two dedicated thermoblocks offer instant brewing and steaming.Double Thermoblock
- Dual Thermoblocks: Dedicated thermoblocks allow side-by-side brewing and steaming.
- PID Temperature Control: Set and adjust your selected brew temperature and offset on the fly.
- Electronic Brew Options: The PID also includes controls for preinfusion, dwell time, and doubles as a shot timer during brewing.
- Volumetric Shot Programming: Single and double shots can be programmed by volume instead of time.
- Spanish Design: The Steel Duo comes equipped with wood furniture and is availabe in stainless steel or powdercoated black or white colors.
- Built in Barcelona: Each Steel Duo is built by hand in Barcelona, Spain.
- Modern Classic: The Steel Duo brings the classic, industrial design of earlier semi-autos with all the modern technology you could ask for inside.
- Steady As She Goes: Once set up, the Steel Duo offers incredibly consistent, repeatable, and quality espresso.
- Steam Power: The steam thermoblock kicks in quickly, but offers less power than a dedicated service boiler found on larger machines.
Founded in 1962 by Jesus Ascaso, Ascaso has garnered acclaim for their high-performing espresso hardware. Combining retro style with functional engineering, Ascaso espresso machines optimize all aspects of production to craft great-tasting espresso in a matter of seconds. If you’re looking for a genuine Spanish espresso maker, Ascaso is a great choice.Check out our line of Ascaso espresso machines here at Seattle Coffee Gear Today!
Warm Up: Brew Time
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Yes - without adaptation
Auto Shut Off
Metal and Plastic
What it Covers: Ascaso equipment
Length: 1 year parts and labor
Who Supports the Warranty: Seattle Coffee Gear
Warranty Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com
Notes: Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Compare Similar Machines
|Rancilio Silvia PID Espresso Machine||Ascaso Dream PID Espresso Machine||Ascaso Steel Uno Espresso Machine|
As low as $1,099
As low as $1,250
As low as $1,350
|Auto Shut Off||No||Yes||Yes|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler||Thermoblock||Thermoblock|
|Boiler Material||Brass||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum|
|Boiler Volume||12 ounces|
|Cup Clearance||3 inches||3 inches||3 inches|
|Depth||11.0 inches||13.5 inches with portafilter||15.5 inches|
|Height||13.5 inches||13.5 inches||15.5 inches|
|Programmability||PID, Pre-infusion, Shot Time||PID, Pre-infusion, Shot Time|
|Reservoir Size||67 ounces||48 ounces||48 Ounces|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||3:30||3:41||3:38|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||9.5 inches||10 inches||11.25 inches|