The DeLonghi Specialista offers the best of both customizability and convenience for your at-home cafe. La Specialista offers a radical take on a home espresso machine with programmable drink options that automatically adjust coffee dosing and shot time for your espresso, Americano, or lungo coffee drinks. A side-mounted lever tamps identically every time and removes an often-frustrating manual step—while keeping spilled grounds to a minimum. Milk frothing is equally easy; a separate heating element brings quick steam times while the wand itself can be adjusted between automatic and manual foam creation. The all-in-one La Specialista is just the thing for a beginning barista.
Beginner: Simple controls and forgiving pressurized baskets help new users brew better.
Intermediate: For the daily barista looking for finer shot controls and higher machine quality.
Expert: For the espresso enthusiast who needs premium components and cutting-edge brew features.Beginner
Manual: Manual dosing and steaming puts drink quality in your hands.
Moderate: Espresso programming adds consistency to every drink you make.
Automatic: Automated brewing and steaming make espresso even easier.Moderate
Compact: 8" Width or less
Mid-Size: 8-12" Width
Full-Size: 12" Width or moreMid-Size
Single Boiler: A single boiler handles both brewing and steaming.
Double Boiler: Dedicated brew and steam boilers allow for increased consistency.
Thermoblock: A quick-heating boiler alternative for faster warm-up times.
Heat Exchanger: Flash-heated brew water and a large steam boiler lets you brew and steam simultaneously.
Boiler+Thermoblock: A traditional boiler for brewing with a thermoblock for instant steaming.
Double Thermoblock: Two dedicated thermoblocks offer instant brewing and steaming.Thermoblock
- Programmable Grinder: A built-in burr grinder doses shots automatically and offers control over grind consistency and grind time for each drink option.
- Calibrated Tamper: The lever tamper integrated into the machine offers consistent puck packing with every shot.
- Drink Dial: The Specialista features a drink selector for espresso, Americano, and long coffee options—each setting can be modified to your preferences with a dedicated 'my coffee' button.
- Dual Heating Element: A dedicated second heat circuit for steaming brings the Specialista up to temperature in seconds and offer ample power for milk frothing.
- Two Cup Heights: A magnetic drop-down shelf makes it easy to adjust your cup height for standalone shots.
- Adjustable Steam Wand: Adjust the steam wand's sliding collar for automatic or manual milk frothing.
- Drink Programming: Pre-programmed for beginners or customizable for your preferences, these built-in settings affect grind, brew time, and auto-dispensing of hot water.
- Grind System: Well thought out and tied to your drink settings—with a calibrated tamper no less—makes the Specialista's auto-grind system a step above for those looking for easy espresso.
- Cleanliness: The built-in tamper has another benefit then consistency—it keeps loose grounds from falling into your drip tray and creating a gunky mess.
- Pressurized Baskets: The Specialista's one-of-a-kind programming is designed to work with its included pressurized baskets—meaning users looking to manually control their machine have few options for customization.
How Does it Compare?
The Specialista is a unique beast. You get very close to the convenience of push-button superautomatic machines, but with more programmability to play with.
DeLonghi offers a wide range of semi-auto and super-automatic espresso machines, as well as grinders and more. A necessity for any non super-automatic brewer, DeLonghi’s grinders are the perfect pair to one of their semi-auto machines. Their semi-autos allow for more control over the process, but help you to learn about brewing café quality drinks from your home! Whichever type of machine is more your style, DeLonghi has a brewer for you
Low Stock Message
Hurry! Only %x left in stock.
18 inches with portafilter
Product Weight (lbs.)
Temperature, Dose, Shot Time
Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum
Warm Up: Brew Time
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Auto Shut Off
Metal and Plastic
⚠ WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
What it Covers: DeLonghi espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders
Length: 1 Year (Small espresso machines, capsule machines, coffee makers, grinders and other electronics), 2 Years (Superautomatic espresso machines)
Who Supports the Warranty: DeLonghi
Warranty Contact Information: 800-322-3848
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? Yes (Superautomatic espresso machines only). Read more about our repair services.
Care and Maintenance
- Clean out your portafilter after every use
- Check drip tray regularly for emptying
- Whipe out hopper between refills
- Disassemble and clean steam wand of any milk residue
Compare Similar Machines
|Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine||Breville Barista Pro Espresso Machine|
Special Price $599.95 Regular Price $699.95
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum|
|Cup Clearance||4 inches||4 inches|
|Depth||12 inches||16 inches (with portafilter)|
|Height||16 inches||15.5 inches|
|Programmability||Temperature, Dose, Shot Time||Temperature, Shot Time|
|Reservoir Size||67 oz||2 liters|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1 minute||20 seconds|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||13.25 inches||14 inches|