Ascaso Dream PID Espresso Machine
The Ascaso Dream PID offers a double dose of style and technology sure to please everyone in your household. Analog may have been the name of the game for the original Dream, but the PID is a smash cut combination of classic and contemporary in the same sleek casing. Internally, not much is left unchanged, including a switch to a classic 58mm portafilter size, the addition of an adjustable over pressure valve, thermoblock insulation, an analog pressure gauge, and an articulated no-burn steam wand. The Dream's new PID also packs in powerful programming like temperature and offset control, pre-infusion, power saving modes and single or double shot programming. The Dream PID glitzes up its design as well with water reservoir spotlights and water-resistant boxwood furniture at the steam knob and portafilter.
- PID Temperature Management - Program your PID controller to get just-right shots every time. This model even features offset programming, letting you calibrate temperature to account for drops in the system on the way to your glass.
- 58mm Group - The 58mm group and portafilter opens you up to a range of aftermarket accessories, including replacement gaskets and dispersion screens from the popular E61 format.
- Adjustable OPV - An externally-accessible screw lets you set the max pressure the pump will push through your group head. In addition to giving you an extra parameter to play with, this opens up the Dream PID to backflushing.
- Programming - Unlike the original, the Dream PID is packed with programming for power saving, pre-infusion, and shot length programming.
- Pressure Gauge - Another welcome change, the Dream PID has swapped its analog temperature gauge to monitor pressure instead.
- Accoutrements - Each Dream PID is packed with niceties like a steel tamper, multiple basket types, blind basket, and wood furniture.
- Big Redesign - We're used to seeing small, incremental changes to machine designs. The huge amount of improvements made for this new Dream is nothing short of astounding.
- Temperature Stability - The PID monitors heat well and keeps temps more stable than almost any machine we've used at this size.
- Shot Programming - The ability to program 2 shot lengths is cool, that they managed to do it without moving away from an analog toggle is even cooler.
- Still Adorable - The swoopy, curvy cut of this machine is still fantastic on a countertop.
- Purging - With the higher temperature and boiler insulation on the Dream PID, it can make a bit of a mess to purge down to brew temp. We recommend leaving the portafilter out while steaming.
- Old and New - Some may not like the mix analog and digital displays (or toggles vs etched silver buttons) on the front of the machine, or the lights in the water tank.
Tips and Tricks
When purging the system back down from steam temp to brew temp, we recommend removing the portafilter and running the last few seconds of your purge through the group to help cool it down.
Warranty Information for the Ascaso Dream Espresso Machine
What it Covers: Ascaso equipment
Length: 1 year parts and labor
Who Supports the Warranty: Seattle Coffee Gear
Warranty Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes: Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
- Wipe down the machine with a soft microfiber cloth.
- Brush out brew head after every use.
- Soap out drip tray and reservoir weekly.
Care and Maintenance
13.5 inches with portafilter
Product Weight (lbs.)
PID, Pre-infusion, Shot Time
Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum
Pressurized and Non-Pressurized, E.S.E Pods, Bottomless
Warm Up: Brew Time
Yes - without adaptation
Auto Shut Off
Founded in 1962 by Jesus Ascaso, Ascaso has garnered acclaim for their high-performing espresso hardware. Combining retro style with functional engineering, Ascaso espresso machines optimize all aspects of production to craft great-tasting espresso in a matter of seconds. If you’re looking for a genuine Spanish espresso maker, Ascaso is a great choice.Check out our line of Ascaso espresso machines here at Seattle Coffee Gear Today!
Compare Similar Machines
|Rocket Espresso Appartamento Espresso Machine||Rancilio Silvia PID Espresso Machine||Nuova Simonelli Oscar II Espresso Machine|
As low as $1,690
As low as $1,099
As low as $1,295
|Auto Shut Off||No||No||No|
|Available Portafilters||Pressurized, Non-Pressurized, Bottomless||Pressurized, Non-Pressurized, Bottomless||Non-Pressurized, Bottomless|
|Boiler Design||Heat Exchanger||Single Boiler||Heat Exchanger|
|Boiler Volume||1.8 L||12 ounces||2 liter|
|Cup Clearance||3.5 inches||3 inches||4 inches|
|Depth||17 inches||11.0 inches||16 inches|
|Height||14.25 inches||13.5 inches||16 inches; extra height needed for reservoir access|
|Programmability||No||PID, Pre-infusion, Shot Time||Shot Time|
|Reservoir Size||2.5 L||67 ounces||2.8 liter|
|Recommended For||Coffee Press|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||3:30|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||10.5 inches||9.5 inches||12 inches|