Take your home espresso to the next level with the Silvia Pro! Built on the decades of success found in the original Silvia, the Pro expands on its predecessor's home coffee promise with a dual-boiler design and a PID temperature control setup borrowed from their top-of-the-line commercial machine, the Rancilio Specialty. Unique to the Pro is its optional steam boiler design that prioritizes the temperature in the brew group first. This focus on temperature stability promises a best-in-class ±1º temp variance between shots. Packed with every nicety you could ask for—like auto-on programming, a shot timer, auto-backflushing, a hot water tap, and an adjustable cup tray—the Rancilio Silvia PID brings quality espresso to your kitchen that's hard to beat.
- Dual Boiler - A 1-liter steam boiler and 300ml brew boiler offer simultaneous brewing and steaming.
- Steam, Optional - A focus on brew temp stability keeps the steam optional, only at pressure when you need it.
- PID Control - Dedicated brew and steam circuit PIDs offer excellent temperature management, and can be adjusted to-the-degree.
- Shot Timer - The front-facing PID screen doubles as a shot timer when brewing.
- Auto On - A programmable wake-up time lets you set and save the next time you'll need another cup.
- Energy Saver - The Silvia Pro's efficiency focus has your machine power off to save energy.
- Shot Quality - The Silvia Pro's straight espresso shots are incredible—Rancilio's focus on brew temperature consistency does make a difference.
- A True Upgrade - While visually similar to the classic Silvia, the Silvia Pro upgrades basically every component without sacrificing the sturdy, manual feel of the original.
- Efficient - It took a little getting used to, but the selectable steam layout makes a ton of sense in a home environment that doesn't always need steam pressure on tap.
- A Little Too Efficient - If your household is all about lattes, the Pro's unique steam circuit and relatively small boiler size may not be the best choice for you.
- Non-Standard Operation - The Silvia Pro technically has every feature you could ask for, but integrates them in fascinating ways. The steam isn't always on, and the hot water tap only works when it is. The Pro has auto-on programming; but it's set in 30 minute increments and only holds one setting. Insulated boilers and an energy-saver mode do wonders for the electric bill, but the Silvia will never be 'always on' like a commercial machine.
What it Covers: Rancilio home espresso machines and grinders
Length: 1 year parts and labor (Silvia and Rocky)
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? Yes (Silvia and Silvia Pro only)
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Product Weight (lbs.)
1 L service boiler | 300 mL brew boiler
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Yes - with adaptation
Auto Shut Off
Founded by Roberto Rancilio in 1927, Rancilio has long been an authority in the espresso world. The brewers and grinders built by this brand present a great starting point for a home espresso set up. Their home machines are easy to get started on, but with some practice and care you’ll be producing café quality beverages from the comfort of your kitchen.
Compare Similar Machines
|Rocket Espresso Appartamento Espresso Machine||Nuova Simonelli Oscar II Espresso Machine|
As low as $1,750
As low as $1,620
|Auto Shut Off||No||No|
|Available Portafilters||Pressurized, Non-Pressurized, Bottomless||Non-Pressurized, Bottomless|
|Boiler Design||Heat Exchanger||Heat Exchanger|
|Boiler Volume||1.8 L||2 liter|
|Cup Clearance||3.5 inches||4 inches|
|Depth||17 inches||16 inches|
|Height||14.25 inches||16 inches; extra height needed for reservoir access|
|Reservoir Size||2.5 L||2.8 liter|
|Recommended For||Coffee Press|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||10.5 inches||12 inches|