Premier coffee at the touch of a button: let the Miele CM5500 delight your tastebuds. Compact and full-featured, the CM5500 packs in programming that belies its pricepoint—including coffee pot brewing, one-touch controls, and over 8 unique drink presets. The CM5500 also improves on the features of the lesser CM5300, adding programmable drink menus for two, and a center-mounted hot water spout for its custom Americano drink option. All this convenience-focused functionality pairs perfectly with the 5500's soft bronze coloring and minimalist case shape, ensuring this best-in-class superautomatic fits in any kitchen.
- Compact Superautomatic - A tiny 9.5x18 footprint, the CM5500 will fit on any kitchen counter.
- Automatic Milk Frothing - Latte's are as easy as dropping the end of the milk hose in a cup of milk—the 5500 handles the rest.
- Drink Profiles - Two programmable drink profiles lets you save unique drinks for each user.
- Carafe Mode - Unique to Miele superautomatics, this mode lets you brew up to 40 ounces of coffee at once.
- Hot Water Spout - An integrated hot water spout handles Americanos or tea at a touch.
- Self-Cleaning - Automatic monitoring alerts you when its time to descale or deep-clean your milk system.
- Seattle Coffee Gear Exclusive - This machine is so good, we had to have it all for ourselves! The Miele 5500 is only available on our website or in one of our retail locations.
- Good Coffee - As far as superautomatics go, the Miele 5500 makes excellent espresso and milk drinks.
- One-Touch - There's nothing quite like getting that perfect latte with a single tap of the screen.
- Features Found - The addition of custom profiles and a hot water spout make the CM5500 an easy choice over the feature-less 5300.
- Small Storage - Both bean hopper and reservoir are small in capacity (to fit in such a petite form factor), you'll be refilling both regularly.
How Does it Compare?
Identical in dimensions to the CM5300, the 5500 adds programmable user profiles and a hot water spout for tea or Americanos.
What it Covers: Miele espresso machines
Length: 2 Year
Who Supports the Warranty: Miele
Warranty Contact Information: 1-800-999-1360
Returns: Contact Miele for Authorization at 1-800-999-1360
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?Yes
Can SCG Repair?Yes
Care and Maintenance
- Soap out reservoir and drip tray weekly.
- Follow manual and on-screen instructions for descaling, milk and coffee system cleaning.
- Remove and hand-wash dispenser head weekly.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Milk Volume, Temperature, Dose, Profiles, Shot Time
Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum
Adjustable: 3 to 5 inches
Warm Up: Brew Time
Auto Shut Off
Bean Hopper Capacity
Metal and Plastic
Miele brings the same quality found in their wide range of appliances and other products to their espresso machines. Tools like full pot brewing and multiple user profiles that you can save your drinks to allow everyone in your household to get exactly the drink that they want quickly and easily. This means with just the press of a button, you can enjoy great tasting coffee, lattés, and more.
Compare Similar Machines
|DeLonghi Dinamica Superautomatic Espresso Machine||Philips 4300 LatteGo Superautomatic Espresso Machine||Miele CM5300 Coffee System|
As low as $999.95
As low as $1,499
|Auto Shut Off||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||10.5 oz||10 Ounces||7 ounces|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum|
|Cup Clearance||Adjustable: 3.5" to 5.5"||Adjustable; 3.5 to 5.75 inches||Adjustable; 3 to 5 inches|
|Depth||17 inches||17.75 inches||18 inches|
|Height||13.5 inches||14.5 inches||14 inches|
|Milk System||Panarello Wand||Capuccinatore/siphon|
|Programmability||Milk Volume, Temperature, Dose, Custom Drinks, Pre-infusion, Shot Time|
|Reservoir Size||1.8 L||1.8 L||1.3 liters|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||55 seconds||1:26||1:16|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||9.5 inches||9.5 inches||9.5 inches|