Saeco Xelsis Superautomatic Espresso Machine
Home espresso has a brand new look with the Saeco Xelsis superautomatic espresso machine. Front and center sits a bright, chrome-trimmed touchscreen that brings custom control to over 15 different drink options. Programming is done through responsive sliders for dose, temperature, shot length and preinfusion. Once set, drinks can be saved to multiple user profiles, so you'll never forget your favorite morning recipe. Lattes and Cappuccinos are similarly set up with additional options for milk texture and volume for a delightful morning treat. More than just its programming, the Xelsis also flaunts some of Saeco's best features: Auto-tracking water filtration; front-loading reservoirs and dump boxes; and easy access to the brew unit for cleaning and maintenance. The Xelsis' other claim to fame? It's breathtaking design sports brushed aluminum and chrome accents with an eye for the small details—like a gasket-fitted bean hopper and textured touchpoints at buttons and handles. Convenient espresso never looked this good.
- Premier Programming - The Xelsis lets you program everything. From milk and espresso volume to dose, temperature, and texture—the only thing holding back your morning drink is you.
- User Profiles - And, once you have your favorite drinks dialed-in, you can save them to your dedicated profile for easy access.
- Touchscreen Control - The Xelsis showcases its programming prowess with an accurate 3.5" touchscreen.
- HygieSteam System - An upgrade to the steam systems of old, the Xelsis' fridge-ready milk carafe packs in texture control and automated purge and clean cycles.
- Refined Ergonomics - From a front-access water tank to adjustable spouts and a scratch-resistant drip tray, the Xelsis brings the best from Saeco's design options.
- Stoked on Sliders - Maybe our coffee love has us biased, but dialing in your drink parameters by the milliliter is an experience we won't soon forget. Control like this is usually reserved for semi-automatic setups.
- Milk, Mastered - HygieSteam is convenient and addresses a lot of our cleaning concerns, but what we're most excited for is the silky microfoam the Xelsis makes. Arguably, this is the best superautomatic milk we've seen yet.
- Premium Feel - Small details like etched buttons, an illuminated water tank, and a fitted gasket at the bean hopper showcase the careful development the Xelsis has been through.
- Saeco Specs - While the Xelsis is a big departure from Saeco's other espresso machines, certain features like AquaClean filtration and user-accessible internals keep it in the family.
- Full-sized - The Xelsis is big for a superautomatic, make sure to check your kitchen for space requirements.
- Long Shot - Our Xelsis' flow sensor was a little short of actual in-cup volume.
- Sacrificing Simplicity - Touchscreens and programming isn't for everyone—especially early in the morning.
How Does it Compare?
While the Xelsis shares its name with an older Saeco model, they share very little in common. Think of the name like car badging, The Xelsis is Saeco's 'M' or 'AMG' model line.
What it Covers: Philips Saeco espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders
Length: 1 Year
Who Supports the Warranty: Philips Saeco
Warranty Contact Information: 800-933-7876
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? Yes (Espresso machines only)
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Product Weight (lbs.)
Milk Volume, Temperature, Custom Drinks, Favorites, Profiles, Shot Time, Milk Temperature, Milk Foam
Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum
Adjustable; 3" to 6"
Warm Up: Brew Time
Bean Hopper Capacity
Metal and Plastic
Philips Saeco is a fine producer of superautomatic espresso machines. From offering the best value in the category with the Philips Carina, to best in class performance in the Saeco Xelsis, this is a brand that has refined and developed the perfect user experience for decades. We love Philips Saeco for their machines’ ease of use, quality performance, and AquaClean filtration, which makes maintenance a breeze. Start your espresso journey with Philips Saeco, and explore a whole world of incredible coffee.
Compare Similar Machines
|Breville Oracle Touch Espresso Machine||Jura S8 Superautomatic Espresso Machine||Miele CM6350 Coffee System|
As low as $2,899
As low as $2,299
|Auto Shut Off||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Available Portafilters||Pressurized, Non-Pressurized, Bottomless||Pressurized|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||10 oz||12 ounces|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler||Thermoblock||Thermoblock|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum|
|Cup Clearance||4 inches||Adjustable; 2.8 to 6.3 inches||Adjustable up to 5.5 inches|
|Depth||17 inches including portafilter||17 inches||16.75 inches|
|Height||17.75 inches||14 inches||14.12 inches|
|Programmability||Temperature, Custom Drinks, Favorites, Shot Time, Milk Temperature, Milk Foam||Milk Volume, Temperature, Dose, Custom Drinks, Shot Time||Milk Volume, Temperature, Dose, Custom Drinks, Profiles, Pre-infusion, Shot Time|
|Reservoir Size||84 ounces||60 oz||62 ounces|
|Recommended For||Coffee Press|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||10 minutes||1:06|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||14.5 inches||11 inches||10 inches|