Named best commercial product at SCAA 2013, the Baratza Forte AP Grinder deftly transitions from coarser drip grinds to fine espresso grinds with precision. The Forte AP offers an upgraded motor with 70% more power and an improved touch screen display, all housed in a sleek metal case. And, with 10 macro settings and 26 micro settings, the Forte ensures you can dial in even the most finicky of shots.
This commercial grade machine is perfect for the coffee enthusiast or cafe that can't commit to just one prep. From espresso to pour overs, with the option to grind into a container or use the portaholder, the Forte AP has all your caffeine desires covered.
- 54mm Ceramic Flat Burrs - These burrs are built to last. Ceramic burrs have a longer shelf life than metal burrs and prevent heat transfer, which can damage a bean's flavor profile.
- Weight Based Dosing - Set the weight of your desired ground coffee to more or less than 0.2g and the Forte AP will weigh the ground coffee while grinding, then stop automatically when it reaches your desired weight.
- Strong and Silent Motor - The high-torque motor is 70% more powerful than the Vario's while rotating more slowly to prevent heat transfer to the grounds. The circuitry is equipped with an automatic reset thermal switch.
- Backlit Screen - The touch LCD display is easy to read and intuitive to program.
- Programming - Features three, user-programmable settings based on weight (+/- .1 gram) or time (+/- .1 sec).
- Portafilter Holder - This model comes equipped with a portafilter holder for hands free grinding. The Forte AP also includes an 8 oz grounds bin.
- Commercial-Grade Juice - A new DC motor with 70% more power than the Vario-W stands up to the toughest commercial environments.
- Stopper Hopper Standard - Swap out beans seamlessly and with no mess using the removable hopper. Add extensions to attain your desired hopper volume.
- Portaholder Included - Use the portafilter holder for hands-free grinding.
- Too Much Goodness - A score of grinding options can equal frustration when changing grinds for a new batch of beans.
How Does it Compare?
The Forte is Baratza's beefiest grinder to date - 230 programmable settings, built-in dosing by weight or time, and an improved hopper make it a smart choice for cafes and discerning home users. Available with flat steel or ceramic burrs.
Tips and Tricks
When cleaning the Forte Grinder, we do not recommend turing this grinder upside down to knock out loose grinds. Turning the Forte grinder upside down may upset the calibration, resulting in a broken grinder.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including Chromium, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or reproductive harm. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
What it Covers: Grinders
Length: 1 Year
Who Supports the Warranty: Baratza
Warranty Contact Information: 877-701-2021
Notes: Baratza has excellent troubleshooting resources on their website. If you're experiencing an issue with your grinder, definitely look here first.
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? No, Tune-up Only read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
Clean burrs on a weekly to bi-weekly basis either with a cleaning brush or a burr grinder-specific cleaning product such as Grindz.
Remove and hand wash the bean hopper and lid with warm water and soap as needed.
Forte - Ceramic Burr
14.2 inches with hopper
Product Weight (lbs.)
Bean Hopper Capacity
Programmable Dosing Functionality
Burr - Flat Ceramic
Metal and Plastic
Coffee Press, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Drip Coffee
Few companies can balance quality and affordability quite like Baratza. Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, Baratza continues to improve and innovate while also leading the industry in customer focus and support. Baratza’s catalog of grinders includes everything from simple, efficient drip coffee grinders all the way up to precise and powerful per-shot espresso grinders. Featuring technology like grind to weight and a range of burr sizes and styles, there’s a Baratza for everyone.
Compare Similar Machines
|Eureka Zenith 65 E Hi-Speed Espresso Grinder||Eureka Atom Espresso Grinder||Nuova Simonelli G60 Grinder - Black|
As low as $999
As low as $899
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepless - Infinite Settings||Stepless - Infinite Settings||Stepless - Infinite Settings|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||3 Pounds||1.3 pounds||1 LB|
|Depth||10 inches||10.5 inches||10.5 inches|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Flat Steel||Burr - Flat Steel||Burr - Flat Steel|
|Height||23.5 inches||17.25 inches||16 inches|
|Recommended For||Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Drip Coffee||Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Drip Coffee||Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Drip Coffee|
|Minimum Time to Grind Double Shot||4.5 seconds||6.5 seconds|
|Width||9 inches||7.2 inches||6.5 inches|