Baratza Sette 270Wi Espresso Grinder
Bringing the best of Baratza's technical prowess to light, the Sette 270Wi combines high-quality steel Etzinger burrs, a redesigned motor mount and Acaia scale-equipped weighted dosing to create a grinder that is easy to dial-in, easier to clean, and easiest to keep full thanks to its bean-saving setup. Baratza's drop-through burrset lines up hopper and burrs right above your portafilter, eliminating excess buildup of grinds while also improving on grind speed over similar chute-based grinder designs. Improvements abound, as the 270Wi also improves on the accuracy and usability of the scale functionality—and opens it to further software updates over bluetooth.
- Accurate Weight Dosing - Auto-taring and auto-calculating offset functionality ensures your dose is consistent from drink to drink.
- Compact - The Sette 270Wi will fit almost anywhere thanks to its compact shape and narrow profile.
- Adjustable Holder Arms - Grind directly into a portafilter or the included container for less wasted coffee and easier cleanup.
- Easy-cleaning - The drop-out burr design is easy to remove and clean without tools, and collects less fines along the way.
- Brand New Burrs - Special-made 40mm Etzinger burrs offer consistent grinds at any level of coarseness.
- Hopper Stopper - A flip down hopper door makes it easy to remove the hopper without scooping out beans.
- More Accurate - The software improvements baked in with the new control board made our test grinder much more accurate out of the box—no cork or blue-tac needed.
- More Polish - A combination of a slower grind speed, lower tone of sound, and a true pulse button combine to make the 270wi feel much more premium than the original W.
- Still Best In Class - Seriously, the grind quality for espresso on the Sette line is astounding. And, it impresses while being smaller and more affordable than much of its competition.
- Just Espresso - We still only recommend the Sette 270Wi for espresso drinkers.
How Does it Compare?
The Sette 270Wi adds a new control board that changes grind speed (thusly sound), weight accuracy (though it sacrifices the manual offset), and a grind mode Baratza calls 'quick burst' to top off or purge your grinder.
âš WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including Chromium, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or reproductive harm. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
What it Covers: Grinders
Length: 1 Year
Who Supports the Warranty: Baratza
Warranty Contact Information: 877-701-2021
Notes: Baratza has excellent troubleshooting resources on their website. If you're experiencing an issue with your grinder, definitely look here first.
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? No, Tune-up Only read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
- Clean out burrs bi-weekly with a grinder brush and/or a cleaning agent (we use grindz).
- Soap out container and hopper weekly.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Bean Hopper Capacity
Programmable Dosing Functionality
Stepped - Macro and Micro Settings
Burr - Conical Steel
Stainless Steel and Plastic
Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over
Few companies can balance quality and affordability quite like Baratza. Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, Baratza continues to improve and innovate while also leading the industry in customer focus and support. Baratza’s catalog of grinders includes everything from simple, efficient drip coffee grinders all the way up to precise and powerful per-shot espresso grinders. Featuring technology like grind to weight and a range of burr sizes and styles, there’s a Baratza for everyone.
Compare Similar Machines
|Baratza Vario-W Burr Grinder||Baratza Sette 270 Grinder||Eureka Mignon Silenzio Espresso Grinder|
As low as $579
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepped - Macro and Micro Settings||Stepped - Macro and Micro Settings||Stepless - Infinite Settings|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||8 oz||10 ounces||12 oz|
|Depth||5.0 inches||9.5 inches||5.6 inches|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Flat Ceramic||Burr - Conical Steel||Burr - Flat Steel|
|Height||14.0 inches with hopper | 9.5 inches without hopper||15.75 inches||13.8 inches|
|Recommended For||Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Drip Coffee||Espresso||Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over|
|Minimum Time to Grind Double Shot||17.2 seconds | 1.6-2.2 g/sec|
|Width||5.5 inches||5.25 inches||5 inches|