Have a passion for pour over? The Forte BG Brew Grinder is Baratza's latest addition to its grinder line-up, specially crafted for multiple prep methods! Named best commercial product at SCAA 2013, the Forte BG is a commercial flat burr grinder dedicated to perfecting medium to coarse grinds.
A sleek metal casing houses 54mm flat steel burrs, a high-torque DC motor, and precision weight control. Designed with commercial brew bars in mind, the Forte BG packs a ton of functionality into a tiny footprint. Line up multiples on your brew bar for a grinding power house or bring one home to take your pour over to a whole new level.
- 54mm Flat Steel Burrs - These burrs produce accurate grinding and high throughput for medium to coarse grinds.
- Weight-Based - Set the weight of your desired ground coffee to more or less than 0.2g and the Forte BG will weigh the ground coffee while grinding, then stop automatically when it reaches your desired weight.
- Digital Display - A backlit LCD touch screen is intuitive and easy to read, allowing you to dose by real-weight or by time.
- Integrated Stopper Hopper - A newly designed removable hopper can prevent beans from falling down the grinder chute, making switching beans a snap. Features 30% larger capacity than other Baratza hoppers at 10.5 oz.
- Programmability - Program three buttons with desired weights ( +/- .1 gram) or by time ( +/- .1 sec).
- Removable Burrs - Use the included cast zinc tool to remove burrs for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Powerful Motor - The new high-torque motor has 70% more power than the current Vario model and grinds twice as long.
- Commercial-Grade Juice - A new DC motor with 70% more power than the Vario-W stands up to the toughest commercial environments.
- Stopper Hopper Standard - Swap out beans seamlessly and with no mess using the removable hopper. Add extensions to attain your desired hopper volume.
- Zinc Burr Removal Tool - This high quality tool makes quick work of burr removal for regular maintenance.
- Too Much Goodness - A score of grinding options can equal frustration when changing grinds for a new batch of beans.
How Does it Compare?
The Forte is Baratza's beefiest grinder to date - 230 programmable settings, built-in dosing by weight or time, and an improved hopper make it a smart choice for cafes and discerning home users. Available with flat steel or ceramic burrs.
Tips and Tricks
When cleaning the Forte Grinder, we do not recommend turing this grinder upside down to knock out loose grinds. Turning the Forte grinder upside down may upset the calibration, resulting in a broken grinder.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including Chromium, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or reproductive harm. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
What it Covers: Grinders
Length: 1 Year
Who Supports the Warranty: Baratza
Warranty Contact Information: 877-701-2021
Notes: Baratza has excellent troubleshooting resources on their website. If you're experiencing an issue with your grinder, definitely look here first.
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? No, Tune-up Only read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
Clean burrs on a weekly to bi-weekly basis either with a cleaning brush or a burr grinder-specific cleaning product such as Grindz.
Remove and hand wash the bean hopper and lid with warm water and soap as needed.
14.2 inches with hopper
Product Weight (lbs.)
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Bean Hopper Capacity
Programmable Dosing Functionality
Burr - Flat Steel
Metal and Plastic
Coffee Press, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Drip Coffee
Compare Similar Machines
|Baratza Forte AP All Purpose Grinder - Ceramic Burr||Eureka Atom Pro Espresso Grinder||Eureka Mignon Brew Pro Coffee Grinder|
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepless - Single Revolution||Stepless - Single Revolution|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||10 oz.||1.1 pound||10 Ounces|
|Burr Diameter||54 mm||75mm||55mm|
|Depth||5.0 inches||10.5 inches||5.6 inches|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Flat Ceramic||Burr - Flat Steel||Burr - Flat Steel|
|Height||14.2 inches with hopper||18 inches||13.8 inches|
|Recommended For||Coffee Press, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Drip Coffee||Coffee Press, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Drip Coffee||Coffee Press, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Drip Coffee|
|Width||5.5 inches||7.2 inches||5 inches|