Baratza Sette 270 Grinder
Take the guesswork out of your daily grind with the Baratza 270 Grinder. A unique grind adjustment dial borrows from both stepped and stepless adjusters to get you expertly dialed-in without the time commitment or wasted beans. Supplementary features include three programmable grind doses, adjustable container/portafilter arms and a tool-free disassembly for easy cleaning and maintenance. The Sette's drop through design offers low retention and high-speed grinding in a small platform.
- Programmable Dosing - Dial in and save three grind times for unbeatably consistent single shots, double shots or drip coffee.
- Adjustable Holder Arms - Curved, rubber coated arms are designed to hold on to portafilters, containers and brew baskets alike for less mess from every grind. A newly redesigned portafilter hook offers a stable base for multiple portafilter sizes.
- Dual-adjust Settings - Stepped macro grind settings make it a cinch to get in the ballpark for espresso shots or immersion brewing. A stepless micro adjust dial then lets you get to the perfect grind consistency.
- Brand New Burrs - Baratza's brand new burr gearing inverts the classic design, rotating the outer burr instead of the inner for a more efficient set up. This new design allows for an easy-peasy drop-out disassembly that doesn't require any tools.
- Hopper Door - A fun rotating door lets you remove the hopper without spilling beans everywhere.
- So Fresh and so Clean - The surprisingly simple tool-less hopper and burr removal made it incredibly easy to brush out old grounds.
- Programming for Dummies - The three timed grind presets were intuitive enough to set before reading the manual, and the LCD screen sports a strong backlight and clear, easy to read numerals.
- Slim and Trim - At a delightfully svelte five inches across, its easy to squeeze the Sette 270 between your toaster and espresso machine or other appliances.
- Speedy - The 270 grinds incredibly quickly, we clocked an 18-gram dose in just over 5 seconds.
- Loud - Be prepared to wake up the whole house, the Sette is one of the louder home grinders we've tested.
- Speedy - The 270 grinds way fast. Topping off a dose that is close to perfect is actually a little difficult with the pulse setting.
How Does it Compare?
The Sette 270 features the same redesigned grinding technology as the 270W, but lacks the latter's weight-controlled dosing.
Tips and Tricks
- The start/pause and stop buttons double as the Sette's on and off switch. Tap the start/pause button to turn on the grinder, and press and hold the stop button to turn it off.
- Make sure to watch your dose when grinding into a portafilter. If you overdose too much, the mound of grinds in your portafilter may clog the Sette's burrs.
- The crescent-shaped portafilter hook is user adjustable! Make sure to adjust the hook to very snugly hold your portafilter
- When reinstalling the burr, make sure you are lining up the blue dial markers and twisting the burr in counter-clockwise. Holding on to the spout while seating the burr can make it a little easier.
âš WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including Chromium, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or reproductive harm. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
What it Covers: Grinders
Length: 1 Year
Who Supports the Warranty: Baratza
Warranty Contact Information: 877-701-2021
Notes: Baratza has excellent troubleshooting resources on their website. If you're experiencing an issue with your grinder, definitely look here first.
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? No, Tune-up Only read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
- Clean out burrs bi-weekly with a grinder brush and/or a cleaning agent (we use grindz).
- Soap out container and hopper weekly.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Bean Hopper Capacity
Timer - up to 60 sec
Stepped - Macro and Micro Settings
Burr - Conical Steel
Few companies can balance quality and affordability quite like Baratza. Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, Baratza continues to improve and innovate while also leading the industry in customer focus and support. Baratza’s catalog of grinders includes everything from simple, efficient drip coffee grinders all the way up to precise and powerful per-shot espresso grinders. Featuring technology like grind to weight and a range of burr sizes and styles, there’s a Baratza for everyone.
Compare Similar Machines
|Baratza Sette 270Wi Espresso Grinder||Rancilio Rocky Coffee Grinder||Eureka Mignon Notte Espresso Grinder|
As low as $400
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepped - Macro and Micro Settings||Stepped - Macro Settings Only||Stepless - Infinite Settings|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||10 ounces||8 oz||12 oz|
|Depth||9.5 inches||9.8 inches||5.5 inches|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Conical Steel||Burr - Flat Steel||Burr - Flat Steel|
|Height||15.75 inches||14.0 inches||13.8 inches|
|Recommended For||Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over||Coffee Press, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Drip Coffee||Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over|
|Minimum Time to Grind Double Shot||20 to 30 seconds|
|Width||5.25 inches||4.7 inches||5 inches|