Is that a space age rocket silo sitting on your countertop? Evolved from Technivorm's original Thermal CDT model, the CDGT introduces a few upgrades to make your already delicious coffee even better. Changes include improvements to the filter basket, basket bracket, and a clean ridged finish to the side of the water tower. If you've only experienced coffee with the CDT before, now you'll be able to remove the carafe and see an automatic shut-off to your coffee flow. Made for ease of use and simplicity, the CDGT can be relied on to brew a deliciously hot pot of coffee, year after year.
1-cup + 2-cup: Can brew 1 or 2 cups at a time.
5-cup: Brews 5 cups at a time.
8-cup: Brews 8 cups at a time.
9-cup: Brews 9 cups at a time.
12-cup: Brews 12 cups at a time.
Multiple: Adjusts to brew 1, 5 or 12 cups at a time.
8-cup + 1-Cup: Can brew 8 cups or a single cup at a time.
12-cup + 1-Cup: Can brew 12 cups or a single cup at a time.8-cup
Cone: Works with cone style filters.
Flat: Works with basket style filters.
Pour-over: Works with pour over filters.Cone
- Mid-Brew Interrupt: The CDGT will automatically detect when the carafe is removed, and will temporarily stop its stream of coffee. However, this model does not come equipped with the capacity to make only a half pot! Click here to check out the KBT741 if that sounds like an option you would like to have.
- Brewing Temperature: Brewing temperature between 198-205F and holding temperature between 176-185F meeting the requirements of the ECBC/SCAE/SCAA
- Even Extraction: Designed to evenly spread water over your coffee grounds for skillfully balanced flavors. This efficient brewing cycle is completed in five to six minutes.
- Durable and Replaceable Parts: Built with a copper boiler, backed by a five year warranty, and sold alongside easily replaceable parts so that your machine can be maintained for years to come.
- Easy Filter Options: Uses #4 filters, made accessible through the reusable Swiss Gold cone filter or disposable paper filters
- Thermal Carafe: Includes a thermal carafe that keeps the coffee fresh and hot. Indicator light shows when the carafe is in correct position to start brew cycle. Includes the brew through lid and the closed top travel lid.
- Gold Standard Coffee: Coffee tastes 'sooooo' much better when brewed at the correct temperature, and with the right equipment! With this level of attention to detail, you can taste the difference.
- Hot Hot Heat: One of the few coffee makers out there that will consistently brew at 200°F – a temperature certified by the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America) to create premium flavors.
- Copper Boiler: Designed for optimal heat distribution inside the boiler, the use of a copper material boiler comes with the added bonus of increased durability and longevity for your machine.
- No Internal Clock: Many modern coffee machines come with internal clocks that will brew coffee for you in the morning: but often that also means having to leave your ground coffee out overnight! It may be less convenient to take these steps in the morning when you wake up, but the taste of your morning coffee will outshine the process.
- Space Age Design: Stylized with a vertical ridged pattern along the water tower to match the Techinvorm KM4 grinder. Some have noted that you might want to set this brewer up with an anchor to keep it in place, otherwise it could fly off into space!
How Does it Compare?
The Technivorm Moccamaster CDGT is most similar to Technivorm's newer model, the Moccamaster KBT741. These two brewers feature uniquely styled exterior designs, and the KBT741 comes with the ability to brew half a pot at a time. Otherwise these two brewers are almost identical!
A Note About Coffee & Cups
Let us break it down for you: Although 8 ounces equals a cup in the baking world, a US cup of coffee is measured at 6 ounces and a European cup of coffee is measured at 4.25 ounces. This is why we sometimes list ounces to paint a more accurate picture of capacity.
Tips and Tricks
Water really does make a difference. Always use filtered water to make drip coffee taste better.
About Technivorm Moccamaster
Every Technivorm is hand built in Holland using the same proven techniques that the company has been perfecting for 50 years. Technivorms are more than just their look and the coffee they brew. These machines last decades, built with high quality parts to an exacting standard. From highly accurate temperature control to a range of size and carafe type options, we’re sure there’s a perfect Technivorm for you.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Auto Shut Off
Max/Min Ounces per Pot
42 ounces maximum
Warm Up: Brew Time
What it Covers: Technivorm coffee makers
Length: 5 Years
Who Supports the Warranty: Technivorm USA
Warranty Contact Information: 1-855-662-2200
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? No
Care and Maintenance
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2 - 3 months. We recommend using Dezcal or Cleancaf for descaling
- Clean the water tank and lid regularly
- Soap out the inside of the kettle and brew basket on a regular basis. Use Cleancaf if necessary to remove an coffee stains or residue.