The Technivorm Moccamaster KBG741 (Open Box) has proven over years of use to be one of the best we have ever tested and tasted. If you are in the market for a coffee maker that will last and bring a smile to your face with every delicious, perfectly brewed cup then consider this. It has won prestigious standing with both the Specialty Coffee Association of America and Europe. Good to the last drop!
Features & Functionality of the Technivorm Moccamaster KBG741
- Brewing Temperature - Brewing temperature between 198-205°F and holding temperature between 176-185°F meeting the requirements of the ECBC/SCAE/SCAA
- State of the Art Brewing - 9-hole spray head wets the grounds in the filter basket during the brew process. Brew cycle completes in five to six minutes.
- Heavy Duty Boiler - Durable copper element with dual safety guard
- Easy Filter Options - Can be used with a reusable Swiss Gold cone filter or can use disposable paper filters
- Water Level and Scale Indicators - The Moccamaster KBG741 includes a scale indicator and easy to ready water level container
|Ease of Use||5|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||5|
|Overall Value for the Money||5|
|How Does it Compare?||
We have numerous comparison videos, and you know we love this one, but your needs may vary.
A Note About Coffee & Cups
Let us break it down for you: Although 8 ounces equals a cup in the baking world, a US cup of coffee is measured at 6 ounces and a European cup of coffee is measured at 4.25 ounces. This is why we sometimes list ounces to paint a more accurate picture of capacity.
|Tips and Tricks||
Water really does make a difference, always start with fresh filtered water.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||8.8000|
|Reservoir Size||40 ounces|
|Max/Min Ounces per Pot||40 ounces maximum|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||5 minutes|
|Available Carafe Styles||Glass|
Ask a Question
Warranty Information for the Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Maker
|What it Covers:||
Technivorm coffee makers
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Technivorm USA|
|Warranty Contact Information:||1-855-662-2200|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
|Can SCG Repair?||No|
Caring for your Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Maker
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2 - 3 months. We recommend using Dezcal or Cleancaf for descaling
- Clean the water tank and lid regularly
- Soap out the inside of the kettle and brew basket on a regular basis. Use Cleancaf if necessary to remove an coffee stains or residue.