Do you own a coffee shop or manage a child-owned lemonade stand and are looking to diversify? Meet the Toddy Cold Brew System! Consisting of a 5 gallon BPA free container with spout, reusable mesh strainer and multiple disposable filters and ties. This electricity free coffee maker works it's magic overnight while you catch some much deserved sleep.
How the Toddy Cold Brew Commercial System Works:
- Add Ground Coffee: Simply place the reusable strainer and disposable filter into the brewing container and add 5 pounds of your (or your customer's) favorite ground coffee to the disposable filter.
- Saturate the Grounds: Add approximately 5.6 liters (7 quarts) of cool water to the coffee grounds and fully saturate. Tie the filter bag closed at approximately 3 inches from the top of the bag. This will leave plenty of room for the coffee grounds to move and shift around a bit. Beware: tying the bag too tight may result in dry pockets that will substantially weaken the concentrate.
- More Water!: Add 5.6 liters of water to the brewing container.
- Optional Step: Gently massage the grounds through the strainer to make sure all the grounds are fully saturated.
- Cover and Wait: Cover the brewing container with the lid and let it "brew" for 8 - 16 hours.
|Depth||12.50 inches (including the spout)|
Ask a Question
You put in 1 pound of regular (coarse) grind coffee at least overnight.
This was so concentrated, one shot of coffee would be added to one cup, and you will fill it the rest of the way with hot water. (before microwaves)
This made a VERY smooth cup of coffee. quite good, although at times you would want the texture of regular coffee or espresso, so we did not do it all the time. But of course it was far better than the instant coffee that was the competition, and often as good, although different, than fresh made coffee.
Which of your systems comes closest to this, and matches the one shot per cup ratio? Ideally one no larger than for one pound of coffee.
While you certainly could make partial batches, you will want to experiment with the amount of water to grounds ratio, to find your preferred flavor. If you're more interested in partial or small batches, you may want to consider the home line since it will have a more compact footprint too.
The filters that we carry for the commercial system are single use, they are just a filter that you will put the grounds into, then tie off the end with a rubber band or something similar, so that it can float/saturate in the water as it brews.
For cleaning, simply hot soap and water, and a scrubbing/wipe down are all that's necessary.
Warranty Information for the Toddy Cold Brew System - Commercial Model
|What it Covers:||
Home and commercial systems and their components
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866.372.4734|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|