Have you ever wished for a machine that will make life a little easier? DeLonghi can help to ease you into morning with the PrimaDonna S De Luxe superautomatic espresso machine. With a patented Instant Frothing Device, you can rest assured the PrimaDonna has what it takes to create a perfect cappuccino, macchiato, or latte every time with a push of a button. Select your drink and choose a frothing option. The PrimaDonna is like an Easy Button for espresso drinks!
Features & Functionality of the DeLonghi PrimaDonna S De Luxe ECAM26455M
- Instant Frothing Device - With a touch of a button the PrimaDonna will heat, froth, and dispense your milk to your chosen consistency from one of the three frothing options: no froth, minimum froth, maximum froth
- Digital Programmable Menu Settings - Allows you to adjust start time, auto shut-off, clock, temperature of coffee, length of shot, strength of taste, and water hardness.
- Some like it strong! - Choose from five different coffee strengths: extra-mild, mild, standard, strong, and extra-strong.
- Light Show - The PrimaDonna S De Luxe includes a cup illumination feature that brightens while it brews.
- Grind Away! - This machine offers 13 different grind settings to please the pickiest of grinders!
- Easy to Clean - With a touch of a button the PrimaDonna will perform an automatic cleaning cycle.
- Cup Warmer - Warming plate on top of the machine preheats your cups for the best results. This function can also be turned off if cup warming is not desired.
- Interchangeable Hot Water Spout & Steam Wand - Hot water spout is ideal for tea or hot chocolate, while the steam function lets you manually steam your milk.
- Removable Water Tank - The 68 ounce water tank fits comfortably in the right side of the PrimaDonna. The machine will also let you know when it needs a refill.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||3|
|Ease of Use||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|Tips and Tricks||
Like most manual steam wands, it is best to thoroughly clean after each use.
|Product Weight (lbs.)||26.5000|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel/Plastic|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Cup Clearance||12 ounces|
|Reservoir Size||68 ounces|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|One-Touch||Yes - Optional, with Steam Wand|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||8.8 ounces|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the DeLonghi PrimaDonna S De Luxe ECAM26455M
|What it Covers:||
DeLonghi espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders
- 1 Year (Small espresso machines, capsule machines, coffee makers, grinders and other electronics)
- 2 Years (Superautomatic espresso machines)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||DeLonghi|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-322-3848|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Superautomatic espresso machines only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes (Superautomatic espresso machines only). Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the DeLonghi PrimaDonna S De Luxe ECAM26455M
- Descale every two to three months. You will receive your first round of descaler with a newly purchased machine.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Remove the brew group and spray it down with hot water (no soap) about once per week.
- For optimal results, run the rinsing cycle after frothing milk.
User Manuals for your DeLonghi PrimaDonna S De Luxe ECAM26455M
A shame -- poor build quality but great coffee when it worksReview by Sandman
Quality Price Value
This machine makes great coffee but for the price you would think it would be of higher build quality. We have one of these machines in London and I had to send it back for repairs after 3 months as the steam line blew -- this when I religiously descale and maintain it. After that it was worked fine but we didn't have a machine for several weeks. My wife, who is very particular about her expresso, asked that I get the same machine here in the states for her and I brought it on this website ( very happy with service here). Got machine but out of the box the steamer didn't quite work right and the grinder stopped functioning after a week. I called Delonghi service and they were quite nice but again I need to send the machine away for service. Not having a machine for us is a big issue. I asked for a replacement but that is not their policy -- for me at this price and for an out of the box failure - they should replace it. It's just not the US standard service levels. We wouldn't know for how long the machine will be gone as they might not even have the parts in the US and that is after I have to ship it across the country by ground - again that is their system. Very frustrating for a very expressive machine. Again, the service center was very helpful in trying to get this fixed but seriously constrained by corporate and policies. Bottom line is that we like this machine which is why we borough another one even at a higher price than what they charge in Europe, but I wouldn't do it again in the US -- more choices and better customer Service can be had elsewhere - at the high end Delonghi just doesn't get the US consumers expectations for quality and support.
(Posted on 9/12/14)
I love this MachineReview by Mary
Quality Price Value
I didn't buy my machine through Seattle Coffee Gear. If I'd known your company existed at the time, I would have. Your store seems to be very fun to visit. Unfortunately I live too far to have the advantage of visiting Seattle Coffee Gear. live on the opposite coast. I have enjoyed the employee's sense of humor on You Tube. I love the expanse of knowledge and experience your employees. They seem to be good people! Now, my comments about the DeLonghi PrimaDonna S De Lux. I love this machine. When I compare it to my last machine, this machine delivers a rich espresso and coffee flavor expected with a high quality machine. If I desire a cup of "hot" coffee it doesn't let me down. I love the push of a button drink menu and I am still able to customize what comes out. I would have purchased its big sister with all of its bells and whistles but since it's only my husband and I, all the programming on that machine would have been a waste. I am delighted with this purchase. This is a beautiful machine.
(Posted on 6/26/14)